Miguels' Lyric Chapter 7

Soon after I quit crying and pulled myself together I got my jacket and asked Miguel to take me home. I couldn't believe I had just cried like that. I had never expressed my emotions to anyone like that before.

On the way to my house Miguel got another phone call. This time he seemed a little more angrier than before. He started speaking in Spanish and I couldn't really understand what he was saying. "Damnit!!" he cursed. Suddenly Miguel took a sharp right turn, going in the opposite direction of my house. When he hung up the phone I asked Miguel were we was going.

" You have to promise me you won't tell anyone about this, okay." he said. He was making me kinda nervous.

" Tell anyone about what, Miguel? Where are we going?" I asked him. My mind was going a hundred miles a minute.

" There's this old warehouse were we keep and make our drugs. Some of the workers' homeboys, the one we beat up when he was caught stealing, came and tried to shoot up the place. They messed up parts of the warehouse." he explained.

"O my gosh." I said nervously.

" Im sorry I brung you with me but this couldn't wait. No matter what happens you have to promise me you won't get out the of car." he said looking me in the eyes.

"Okay, Miguel but you have to be careful." I pleaded.

We finally came to a old, secluded, huge warehouse covered by tall trees and wild grass. I didn't even know it was here, out my seventeen years of liveing in this town. No wonder they made there drugs back here. It was in the middle of nowhere. Miguel turned off the car and got out. He walked to the trunk and got out some things. I couldn't really make out what it was until he walked passed the car and went towards the warehouse. My heart dropped to my feet when I saw the objects he had. They were guns!!!. He had an A-K47 and another hand gun stuck in the back of his pants. Miguel walked up to the warehouse and disappeared inside.

My heart felt like it would jump out of my chest, waiting for Miguel to come back. I suddenly heard loud gun shots coming from the warehouse. It sounded alot like Miguels A-K47. Then I heard multiple more gunshots coming from the warehouse. It sounded similar to a bunch of fireworks being set off simotanously. A few minutes later Miguel and four other guys came out. They all looked really dirty and had stuff all over their shirts and hands, as they got closer to the car I realized that one of them had gotten shot and he was limping. The other guys had his blood all over them. I never seen so much blood in my life, I was surprised that he was even walking. The guys were helping him into there car. I hope they're taking him to the hospital.

The guy that had gotten shot looked really familiar. I just couldn't figure out were.......the restaurant, of course, he was the waiter that Miguel knew. He must have been working for Miguels father also.

"What is she doing here? I heard one of the guys ask looking in the car. The guy looked in his mid-twenties and was kinda chubby. He was attractive and had multiple tattoos all over his arms.

" Its okay, shes not going to say nothin" Miguel said.

" What the fuck you mean she not goin say nothin? She was sitting in the car the whole fucking time!! he yelled.

"Calm down man I said its okay" Miguel tried to reassure him. The guy automatically backed off. He knew better not to disrespect the bosses son.

" Whatever man we better not get caught. I don't know what we going to do with all them damn bodies and what we goin to do about Armando getting shot."

" Listen, tell José to just take Armando to the hospital, he's going to be okay, Me and my brothers will take care of the bodies later, just clean up a little and lock the warehouse. I'll take care of the rest. I have to take her home" I heard Miguel say. This was a side of Miguel I had never seen. It made me really scared. He seemed so angry but happy. Calm but on edge. I couldn't wrap my head around the thought of Miguel killing someone. I had always seen the nice, lovable side of Miguel.

When Miguel finally got in the car there was a blanket of ackward silence in the air. As we pulled off I kept my eyes plastered on the window, looking at the trees and the beautiful sky outside.

"Um... Lyric" he started, breaking the silence " Im sorry about what you saw back there." I guess now he was back to the Miguel I knew.

I didn't answer. I only kept my eyes focus on the window. " You can't say anythin about this to no one, Kay?" He said and started rubbing my back. I guess he was trying to"comfort" me. I quickly flinched and pulled away. Just the feel of his touch made my skin crawl. The feel that I once yearned for maid me disgusted. That was the touch of a killer.

When Miguel pulled into my driveway I jumped out of the car and quickly ran to my front door. Not even telling Miguel good-bye. I could tell he was upset by the way he slowly pulled out of my driveway. I didn't care though, the things I heard and saw would never be erased from my mind as long as I lived.

When I got in my house it was empty. Somehow I wasn't surprised. My parents were at work no doubt. I really needed someone to talk to right now. I knew I couldn't tell anyone what I saw though. So instead of crying I went upstairs to my room and went to sleep.