Miguels' Lyric Chapter 6

The next day I woke up to find myself still in Miguels bed. I looked over at his back to see all the damage I had done from last night. He had multiple long scratches all over him. He rolled over still asleep coming closer to me. It was about 7:30 and I was already late for school. " Wake-up Miguel" I said shaking him hard.

"What" he said half sleep.

"We have to go to school" I said. I knew I shouldn't have went out with him last night.

"Lets just stay home today, we can just lay here" he said smiling. That would be nice, but I had to go to school and what would my parents say if they found out I didn't go. I sat there debating whether or not I should go to school. Miguel tried really hard to persuade me and after a while I finally gave in. Although I didnt put up much of a fight. I layed back down placing my head on Miguels chest. He even smelt good in the mornings.

I was starting to drift back to sleep when Miguels phone rang. I didn't want him to answer it but he got up answering it anyway. He suddenly hung up the phone and quickly started getting dressed. "What's wrong?" I asked him. He looked kinda angry.

"Some things got out of hand and I got to go handle it. he said.

" Well can I go?" I asked, I kinda already knew the answer to that question.

" I'd really rather you not" he said. He rushed out of his room and down to his car leaving me alone in his empty house. Now what I said to myself; I can't believe this.

After hours of waiting for him he finally came back home. His father and two brothers were with him too. Miguel said that his father found out that one of his workers was stealing money and drugs from him. His father had called him down there to help him take care of it. "What do you mean by take care of?" I asked him. Miguel wouldn't answer. " What does that mean Miguel ?" I asked him again.

"Don't worry about it" he said looking me in the eyes. I could tell Miguel had done something wrong to his fathers worker. I even saw little splatterz of blood on his shirt and pants. I couldn't even begin to imagine what happened. Not wanting to go deeper into the subject I just let it go.

I suddenly got the urge to leave. Not knowing what they did to that man began to worry me. What if they killed him? I grabbed my clothes and started putting them on.

"Lyric what's wrong?" he asked placing his hands on mine, stopping me from putting on my clothes.

" Nothing" I mumbled.

" No, there's got to be something".

"Its nothing really I just need to get home" I lied " My parents might be worried". I started back putting on my clothes, when Miguel began to stare at me. He knew I was lying and he knew I was thinking about that man.

"Your over reacting, Lyric" he said calmly. "All we did was teach the guy a little lesson, my father decided to have mercy on him this time".

" Then why is there splatters of blood all over your clothes, then?" I said madly pointing at all the little stains.

"Lyric you know what we do, this shouldn't be a surprise to you" he stated standing up.

" That still doesn't answer my question, Miguel!"

"Come on" he said grabbing my arm.

I couldn't say anything to him I only grabbed my jacket and asked him to take me home.

" Lyric Im just doing my job" he said defensively.

"Yeah and that means you can just go around killing and hurting people right?" I said angrily.

" Hay, that man deserved it, he'd been stealing from us for months now, its about time we caught him" he said yelling.

" Whatever Miguel " I said.

"Lyric this is my life I have no other options!! This is how it is in game!! You have to protect what's yours or some other guy gonna try and take it for himself!!" he said yelling. "You don't understand!!"

"Your right I don't understand and Im not gonna try. There's no excuse!!". I never really realized how serious Miguels "family business" was until now.

"Your such a hypocrite, you never had a problem with what I did when you were fucking me. Know you wanna start judging me?And for what? Cause the reality of what I really do ruined your little fantasy?

" Miguel!!" I yelled. I was so hurt. I couldn't even believed he said that.

Tears began to run down my face but all I could do was stare at Miguel. My whole body went numb.

" I didn't mean that" he said quickly.

He walked towards me quickly, takeing me in his arms. I tried to push him away but his arms were wraped around me tightly.

" Im so sorry" he said and kept repeating it. He slowly walked me towards his bed and sat down. He began kissing me on my lips and face and started wiping away my tears with his shirt.