Chapter 28: Words I couldn't take back.

Emily's POV.

"Same time tomorrow?" Asked Charlie as he got up from my bed, I looked up at him and I couldn't help but wonder, was he a good guy or bad guy? I just couldn't give him a category.

"Yeah, sure." I huffed and leaned my head back against my headboard.

"Cool." He shoved his books in his backpack and I watched him.

It had been exactly four days since our principal forced me into tutoring him again, same old 'his grades are slipping and he might lose his scholarship so you have to tutor him' bullshit. I only agreed because tutoring people did benefit me too.

And no, my boyfriend knew nothing about it, mostly because he hated Charlie's guts and it had been officially a month since we started dating.

I know what you are thinking, Charles called you a slut but he apologized for that and I didn't forgive him, obviously. I just simply said 'okay' in order to make him comfortable during the tutoring and we didn't exchange any uneducational words, it was strictly professional.

He swung his backpack over his shoulder and looked at me, he opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out, he turned to leave but then again he stopped and spun around.

"Hey, are we cool?" He asked.

"Cool?" I repeated.

"I feel like you've been a little cold towards me." He said.

"We really don't have to have this conversation." I shook my head at him as I looked down at the books spread out on my bed.

"Yeah, I know but I just feel like you're so mad at me." He stepped back towards my bed.

I was. I was mad at him.

"Well, you did call me a slut and I don't think we can ever come back-"

I was cut off by someone trying to unlock my door, then there was a knock.

Shit.

"My Dad's home." I announced in a whispery tone.

My Dad didn't know about the tutoring either.

"What are you doing in there?" Said the person on the other side of my door.

"Is that..?"

"Adrian. Shit, get out get out get out." I panicked and jumped from my bed and went to open my window, Charlie gave me a baffled stare and I glared at him.

"Out! Now!" I whisper shouted. He rolled his eyes before lazily striding towards me.

"My imagination is going wild." Said Adrian in playful tone, tapping on my door.

"You should just tell him." Charlie looked me in the eye as he climbed out my window.

I ignored him, he didn't know Adrian like I did.

Like the athlete he was, he climbed out my window like a pro, safely landing on the grass and waving up at me but I didn't wave back, I just shut the window and hurried to open my door.

Adrian was leaning his shoulder against the door frame with his hands in his pockets, he was in a white long sleeved t-shirts, jeans and combat boots.

I smiled at him but he had that suspicious look on his face.

"What were you doing?" He stepped into the room and looked around, my heart raced.

Did he by any chance hear Charlie?

"I uh, nothing?" It came out more of a question. He eyed me with narrowed eyes and then he smiled.

"Emily, were you doing something naughty?" He asked, tilting his head and looking amused.