Chapter 25: This here is a party.

I tucked my cold hands in my pockets as my eyes roamed around the quiet neighborhood, I passed a few more houses until I saw it, 221B. That was Stacey's address.
Jess called me earlier, she said they wanted my help with something urgent, so she sent me Stacey's address and I walked all the way down there.

I lumbered to the front door, looking around me hesitantly before finally knocking. The door flew open and revealed Jess, holding a bottle of vodka? In her other hand.

"Jess, it's wednesday, why the hell are you drinking?" I asked lazily, she grabbed my arm and dragged me inside the house, kicking the door shut.

"Because..." She put her arm around me, "This here is a party." She exclaimed.

I looked around the house, it was rather homey and didn't look like a party. Jess led the way to the living room where we found Gina and Stacey exchanging a joint on the couch, there was a karaoke machine in front of them.

"Hey, Emily." Stacey squeaked as she looked up at me.

"Sup, Emily." Gina released a puff of smoke and coughed a little.

Last I checked, I was there because of an emergency, not to sing, drink and smoke weed.

"Wow, so what's the emergency, again?" I turned to look at Jess. She just shook her head and joined Gina and Stacey on the couch.

Jesus.

"Can I go home? I really have to study." I said to them.

"No! they already invited a bunch of people and I don't wanna be here alone once those people get here." Stacey whined. She looked so high.

"Bunch of people? Is this really a party?" I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Yes!" They shouted at the same time.

Geez.

"So everyone is gonna be here soon?" I asked, feeling alarmed.

"Yeah and you can't leave." Stacey shook her head.

"But I can't stay either." I mumbled to myself, turning around to leave.

"Adrian's coming too." Said Jess. My heart picked up at the mention of his name and I halted.

"What?" I turned on my heel to look at them.

"Yeah, I invited him myself." She said. Sipping on her drink.

"Oh." I uttered.

"Yeah, oh." Gina smiled at me.

"So? You staying or are you leaving?" Jess asked, like she was challenging me.

I wanted to leave but I wanted to see Adrian again, I always wanted to see him and if he was really going to the party then there was going to be a possibility that he and I were going to spend some time together at the party.

"I'll ...stay, I guess." I stuttered.

"Yey!" Stacey flew her hands in the air, I rolled my eyes at her. "Okay now let's sing some lyrics." She rushed to turn on the karaoke machine.

I lazily walked to the couch and sat down, pulling out my phone and texting Adrian.

*Are you really coming?* I sent it.

I looked at the screen, anxiously waiting for his response while I bit on the inside of my thumb.

Stacey turned on the machine and the TV, a beat started playing and she grabbed a mic. Gina shook her head at Stacey and I smiled.

♪ I saw you looking brand new overnight, I caught you looking too but you didn't look twice♬ she sang in the most horrible voice.

I could see Jess and Gina trying their best not to laugh at her.