Chapter 9

I road my bike around the block a couple times taking in the beautiful day and thinking about what happened last night at the movie theaters. I cant believe he kissed my cheek. That's a huge step up from first meeting. Did I do something? Or say something to make him kiss my cheek?
He probably just felt obligated to do so because it was kind of a 'date'

Anyways, tonight my mom is joining a book club with Shawn's mom, Angela. If Jasmine came home from her boyfriends parents house I would invite her over to watch a movie.
"Maybe I should invite Shawn." I mumbled to myself.
And speaking of Shawn I am about to pass his house and he is outside with his sister.
I stopped my bike and calmed myself down so I wouldn't freak that he was there.
As I continued to ride my bike slowly he noticed me.
"Hey Erica!" He said walking down toward me as I stopped my bike.
"Hi Shawn. Did you have fun last night?"
"Yea I had fun." he smiled shyly. "did you?"
"Yea it was nice. Although when I got home I did have to take off more mascara."
"Oh that sucks." he laughed a little "my mom is excited about your mom and her bonding. She has like no friends so she is excited about this book club thing."
"Oh aww that's so cute. My mom only has I think two friends so she's excited too. Are you doing anything tonight?"
"Well my sister wants to go shopping for church shoes tonight, but I don't need to go."
"Oh, ok because I was wondering if you wanted to swing by my house while our moms are at the book club thing because I'm going to be home alone and bored."
"Oh that sounds fun. I'll ask my parents if I can come. Do you mind if I have your number so I can text you what they say?"
"Yea I don't mind." I handed him my phone "You can put you number in. I'll text you saying that it's Erica."
"Alright" he said. "here you go." he handed me back my phone.
"Thanks." I put my phone in my pocket. "I'll see you soon Shawn."
I peddled to my house and looked back to see shawn walking back up to his house with a smile.

As I walked into my house making my way to the kitchen I couldn't help but gush to my mom about what I just did with Shawn. My mom tried to act interested as she was baking cakes.

"Yea. Uh huh. While your telling me how perfect his hair was you wanna fill the pie with the cherry filling?" my mom asked handing it to me. "ok so now continue. You left off at him saying hi back and looking finer than a number two pencil."

"Oh yea! Then we were talking about how last night went. Then he brought up how excited his mom was to be friends with u and I said you were excited too. Then I asked what he was gonna do in the meantime while his mom was gone. He said he was gonna go shopping with his little sister, but said he didnt have to go. Then I invited him to come over while you and Shawns mom are at the book club. I hope your ok with that." I looked at her with a pouted lip and pleading eyes. "You know I only have Jazmine as a friend and I really wanna get along with people my age."

"Normally its my motherly incstinct to say no about leaving you alone with a boy in the house but I mean I trust this boy being alone with you. He obviously is kind and gental. And according to you he is a fineapple. What ever that means."

"Its a vine thing mom you wouldnt understand."

"Yea, yea, Brent Rivera is bae I know."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I waved goodbye to my mom as I saw her and Shawns mother drive off to their book club. They grow up so fast. "Fuck I forgot that I still have to get ready for Shawn!" I quickly ran into my house and tried to make myself and everything else look presentable. I whipped out my phone and texted Shawn that he could come over when ever.

I had the whole night practiclly planned out. I made a list of things to do. In order of course.

1) Build a fort