Chapter 7

"Mom Shawn is going to be here any minute!" I hollered coating my eyelashes with mascara. "Mom can you open the door for him when he comes?"

"Yes sweetie." my mom answered back.

I changed into black leggings and a floral sweater. The temperature dropped a lot since the morning. I jogged to my living room and slipped on black vans.

"You look nice sweetie." my mom complimented. "do you have a purse to bring with you?"

"No. I'll go get it."
I ran back to my room and scrambled in my closet to fine a purse with a long strap. While I was searching I heard the front door open.
"Oh shit it's Shawn" I told myself as I quickly grabbed a bag and shoved the rest of the purses back into my closet. I got my piggy bank and brought it over to my bed to get money out.

*knock knock*
"come in" I said sitting on my bed.

"Oh what are you doing there?" Shawn asked laughing slightly.

"I'm just getting some money out." I pulled out a twenty dollar bill followed by two fives. "you can sit on my bed if you want."

He sat on the edge of my bed and watched me attempt to put all of my change back into my piggy bank.
"Do you need help?" He asked smiling.
"Oh it's ok I'm just about done."
He nodded and gazed around my room.
I hopped off my bed and placed back my piggy bank.
"So when are you going to tell me the story behind your nick name?" Shawn asked turing toward me.

"Oh. I completely forgot about that. I'll tell you on our way to the movie theater." I opened my bedroom door and gestured for him to come along. "I'll see you later mom!"
"You better keep texting me the whole time!"
"Ok I'll make sure to do that! Bye!" I answered leaving my house.
A fresh breeze hit my face as I walked out of my house and down the driveway.
"So about your nick name." Shawn implied.
"Oh yea, about my nick name. Well I was out with my best friend Jasmine one time, and we decided to go to the beach. When we got there some of her friends from college were there too and they where flying kites. At the time I had never flown a kite so I decided to give it a shot."
"And how long ago was this?"
"It was about two years ago. Anyways they gave me a kite. I believe the biggest one they had and I had it nice and under control as it was in the air. But then this big gust of wind came in and pushed the kite all around in circles and it landed on me. Jasmine asked if I was ok. I said I have a huge kye on me, what does it look like? And then when they got me off the ground they kept calling me kye kye."
"Wow." Shawn laughed "does anyone still call you that?"
"Just Jasmines friends. Jasmine doesn't like calling me kye kye because she says it sounds stupid."
"Well does anyone else know about this mystical tale?"
"No just you." I slightly laughed. "oh and when he turn right here the theater is down that road."
"Oh awesome! I can't to see the movie with you." Shawn smiled looking at me. "i looked up the preview on YouTube and I almost cried as it got to the end."
"Awww. Don't worry I'm probably going to cry also." I said smiling back at him.
We approached the movie theater and waited in line for tickets. Lights at ran across the windows. It flashed like Broadway and burned my eyes.
"Next!" The guy shouted.
Me and Shawn walked up to the window and bought our tickets
"Can we have two tickets to see the theory of everything?"
"Yea. That'll be thirty five dollars."
"Ok. Hold up real quick." I got out the money in my purse.
"Oh no it's ok I'll pay." Shawn said handing the man behind the window money.
"Oh wow. Thanks Shawn. I'll pay you back."
"No. It's ok Erica."
"Here you are. Enjoy the movie." the guy behind the window handed us the tickets. "next!"
We entered the theater and went through the people who cut the tickets in half.
"To the left the last room all the way down the hall." the man said handing me back my ticket.
"Thank you." I said waiting for Shawn to get his ticket back
"I'm so excited." Shawn jumped walking up to me
"So am I." I laughed.
We entered the theater room and picked a seat in the top left corner. We watched people enter and commented on their hair and outfits. But there was an awkward couple two rows in front of us making out. I'm pretty sure it made Shawn uneasy.
During the movie had his arm on the arm rest closer to me. I think that means something. But I'm probably just over thinking the whole thing because I think he is good looking.
I couldn't help but keep looking up at him. I got caught in the act when he looked down at me looking at him. But he smiled so I suppose it wasn't all that bad. All I could feel was butterflies in my stomach. But I know he probably didn't feel it.