Chapter 3 - Reason to Mix

Sparks flew from a high-tech machine - a marvel of engineering and Cubit technology - as it was constructed. It would take quite some time for this magnificent creation to come to fruition, but that was fine. Fuzer didn't need it quite yet. In fact, he didn't seem to even care as Murphy welded sheets of metal together. He was not happy. In fact, he was furious. "WHADDYA MEAN YOU TWO FAILED?!" He bellowed as Kabum and Sour Poppa returned to the headquarters of the N-Mixel Armada, his scream loud enough to shake the entire lair and knock Murphy's welding goggles off.

It was a cold place, one that had been abandoned for quite some time. When Fuzer had unearthed it behind a soda machine, he had found the perfect home. The only issue was the evidence that Mixels had previously been there, judging by the piles of Nindja comics and bean bags. Regardless, nobody would ever return, so it was promptly 'adjusted' into a base of operations. Dozens of monitors lined the walls for direct communication with King Nixel and spying on the city. Kabum had helped to blast a new opening in the wall for a workshop Murphy could use, although it had done more damage to the structure of the room than anything.

"Boss, it's not what ya think... This DARNED stick ain't workin' long enough!" Sour Poppa protested, only to have Fuzer aggressively snatch his wand away, lifting up the faceplate and examining the power source - or lack thereof. "HOW DID YOU LOSE THE CUBIT SHARD?!" He roared, slamming the wand into the ground and shattering its top. "B-Boss, that monochrome bugger, he-" Sour Poppa began, only for Fuzer's fuse to ignite. "HE WHAT? BEAT YOU BECAUSE YA COULDN'T FOLLOW YOUR TASK TO BLOW THE DAM? YOU JUST HAD TO PARADE AROUND LIKE ROYALTY, HUH?" He screamed as his fuse came dangerously close to blowing.

"Ah, captain. Ye'll find me plunder to be a success unlike this wee lad!" Kabum interrupted, causing Fuzer's ignition to cease. "Well, let's take a look, shall we?" Fuzer asked, looking to the large barrel Kabum was carrying. "Feast yer eyes on- Wha?!" Kabum said as he emptied its contents, only finding dozens of antique tea cups. The glare Fuzer struck Kabum with was sharp enough to pierce a mountain range, but he did not lash out. Instead, he clenched his fists and turned to Murphy, kicking up the damaged wand and launching it across the room. "With all due respect, Fuzer, lashing out will not bring a resolution to this. Besides, you're risking damage to this craft you so desperately requested be built." Murphy remarked, unamused yet unfazed. "YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! YOU'RE LUCK YA GOT BRAINS, PAL, OTHERWISE YOU'D BE OUTTA HERE!" Fuzer roared, gritting his teeth and letting out a deep breath.

"Murphy, fix the wand. Anglow, you come with me. We're taking care of that little runt of a Mixel that these imbeciles can't cope with." Fuzer said, storming out of the lair and leaving burn marks where he stood. "S-Sure thing, boss." Anglow said, creeping out from the shadows and following her leader. Despite being a Mixel capable of instilling fear, she was quite terrified of Fuzer. Although all of the N-Mixel Armada were out to do evil, Fuzer was the most despicable.

The two stepped out into the overrun streets of Mixopolis, right in the heart of the Nixels' invasion within the city center. Nixel Mixes and Nixed Mixels dotted the horizon, the latter of which lumbering around aimlessly while Nixel Mixes fought amongst themselves. Nixels paid no heed to the two as they glanced at the Nixel Armada insignia on their bodies and let them pass. To Fuzer, this was beautiful, a perfect city run by forces of darkness. "Where are we headed?" Anglow asked. "The Spikels District." He replied without even turning to look at her.

*** *** ***

The lightbulb sun above split the stones around monochrome Mixel M.C. as he trudged through the barren desert of the Spikels District. Even though he had just journeyed through six different areas of Mixopolis, not even the magma wastelands of the Infernites District could have prepared him for the claustrophobic atmosphere of an empty desert. His tribe-shifting powers weren't helping much as he activated his Frosticon powers in an attempt to stay cool.