I turn around, ready to defend myself if need be, however when I do, my eyes meet the two mugs he was currently holding in both of his hands. I raise a brow in question.

"What is that?" I ask, my eyes scanning the two mugs in disdain.

"Coffee." He says.

"Coffee?" I ask.

"That's what I just said."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"But why?"

"But why not?" Seriously.

"Christian, why are you bringing me coffee? You've never done that before?" I ask, almost in disbelief. Why was he doing this today? Why is he so happy.

"Oh, that's right. I can understand why you don't want to trust me. I've never really given you a reason to trust me and for that I'm sorry. I just thought you'd like some. . .what shall I call it...peace coffee?" He explained. He was apologizing.

"Why now? Why are you apologizing now?" I questioned as I eyed the mug that had a very dark liquid. Too dark if you asked me.

"I. . . I don't know.  Maybe it's because you took care of me when I was injured. I don't know when but I don't want to be mean to you anymore." He said, almost remorseful.

Really? But why didn't I believe his words. Maybe he's actually having a change of heart? I really truly wanted to believe that but something was holding me back and knowing Christian, he always has a plan. Something up his sleeves. Not fully trusting his words I nod.

"Okay, I know you don't trust me but I'm giving you a choice to choose the mug you want." He said. Wow, whatever plan he has must be big. I decide to go with the flow.

"Fine," I pick the light blue mug, with the liquid half filled. The other mug was full so I completely avoided it. Christian picks up the other mug, and sends me a smile. Okay, very creepy.

"Cheers," he say raising his mug towards mine. I do the same and clink our mugs.

I hesitantly bring the cup closer to my mouth. I sniff the "coffee" wondering about the unique flowery scent emitting from the coffee. Hesitantly, I tip the liquid into my mouth, pouring just a little, only to spit it out almost instantly.  The concentration of the "coffee" nearly burning off my tongue. He had really outdone himself this time.

"Really Christian? Wolfsbane?" I wasn't even at all surprised. He took a long sip of his drink, taking almost half of the "coffee"

"Well, I almost succeeded." He whispered.

"That could have killed me!" I hiss pouring the liquid on the floor, now detecting the slight glittery dark powder at the bottom of the mug.

"No, it wouldn't have." He said, almost sure of it.

"And how do you know this, oh wise one?" I glare, keeping the eye roll barely at bay. He did not even seem to care that I would have consumed the entire thing. No wonder he had been so quacky and almost happy.

"Ciane, I have barely talked to you in the past few months you've been here. You have no idea who I am, what I do or where I come from. I am not to be trusted, but yet again I saved you so I deserve the benefit of the doubt. Also, I have been giving you complicated lessons, and each lesson comes in ways you cannot anticipate, making you weary of this little stunt I pulled. My little speech was to make you sympathize with me, giving me the advantage. Your emotions. So because you do not know how to really feel, whether you should trust me or not, you decide to pick the mug with little coffee, in doing so, picking the mug with the higher concentration of wolfsbane. And because you don't know if you can trust me, you'd only take almost a little of the coffee-wolfsbane solution."

I gape at him. He deduced me in a matter of seconds. But who in their right mind would actually trust Christian. He's a walking ticking time bomb.

"Enemies would use any means to make you vulnerable or kill you. If I was someone who wanted you dead, would you still be alive?" He almost raised a brow.

"Wolfsbane, as you know, is horrible to wolves and can kill your wolf instantly if consumed in large concentration. However, in order to lessen the effects of wolfsbane in your system, each morning for this week, you are to mix your coffee with half a tablespoon wolfsbane and in the next week, you'll increase it to a tablespoon until it's effects are dulled in your body. " He said, walking away leaving me to gape at his retreating figure.

It's not the best, but meh.

What do you all think of Christian?

It's My birthday today! When is your birthday?

Vote. Comment. Share.