Chapter 12 - Forgiveness?

Cam wakes to the soft sounds of breathing, his head resting on Brandon's soft pillow, and his body tightly held in the arms of the man  next to him. He was still cocooned in sleep, his eyes brushing closed every moment or so, the warmth pooling around him lulling him into a state of half-awake.

Last night had been... busy, for lack of a better word. After Oliver and Cameron sat in silence on the bed for some time – Cameron changed into sweatpants that fit his gangly legs – the two boys had quietly whispered apologies. They both knew they were tasked with actually talking about it but when Oliver simply said he would try to listen more, Cam had nodded in acceptance before throwing himself beneath the covers of Brandon's sweet, sweet bed.

Oliver had shuffled through the room, taking his time to move things around, tidy up Brandon's things as a way to pass the time before begrudgingly sitting on the very edge of the mattress, a hand reaching out to gingerly brush against Cam's leg.

Rather than brush him off, or rather kick him, Cam sighed, flipped himself over to his side to face his friend, and promptly threw the covers open. An invitation with a note of forgiveness. 

Originally Oliver had tried to keep his distance, knowing Cam would still be upset about the whole... wrestling incident. He didn't want to intrude in his space and be labelled as clingy along with 'possessive'. Luckily for him his friend grew tired too quickly and often needed to 'recharge' promptly after a fight in the form of a nap before even trying to come up with a proper resolution. 

The others had always found it endearing, calling Cam their little 'sloth', but Oliver was beginning to think something wasn't quite right. Was it normal to sleep so much? To be worn out by an argument so quickly? 

***

Time passes slowly as the two boys nap together, Oliver dozing in and out on consciousness, waking only slightly when Cam snuggles closer - if that was even possible.

Sighing, Cam buries his nose beneath the heat of the covers. The arms around him tighten, and Ollie's deep sleep-laden breath changes.

"Mornin'," Ollie mumbles, eyes still closed.

Cam hums in response, not quite ready to be 'awake' and functioning. He didn't want to get up and face the rest of the group. He didn't want to be asked if he and Oliver were friends again, and he really didn't want Lia to ask, 'are you okay?'. It was too much.

Oliver hums deep in his throat, the sound vibrating through their touching chests. It was nice to be calm and drenched in the heat and sweet scent of morning sleep. To let the sun rise slowly and listen to the sounds of the apartment block waking. All while laying comfortably in bed, Cam safe and sound in his arms, soft puffs of air escaping his lips.

Their nap had evidently been more than a nap.

"We should get up," he murmurs to Cam, mouth obscured by Cam's unruly hair.

"No. Then I have to talk to people."

Oliver grins, a huff of a laugh escaping. "If you ask nicely Brandon or Lia might make you pancakes."

Hmm, it was a good idea. Focusing Lia and Brandon's attention on the kitchen was a sure way to keep the questions at bay and as soon as the maple syrup came out, Maddy would be a gone-er too. It did mean he had to get out of bed... and ask them to make him breakfast. Would Brandon even say yes since Oliver and him destroyed his jumper last night?

"You ask them."

Oliver sighs, stretching out and removing his arms from their hold around Cam. A small part of him flared in annoyance at his response. Cameron wanted more independence, but he didn't even have the gall to ask his friends if they could make something yum for breakfast.