A Conversation With an Interesting Man

In the car on the way to her home she had a conversation with the self proclaimed butler, Koji. He told of his poor treatment. How he did disgusting jobs tasked by the boss. But he always made sure to mention his mental capabilities, never mentioning his Quirk. 'Must not be a strong one.' Koko mused.

"What's your Quirk? '' Koko said, interrupting his tangent on crime scene cleaning.

"Ah," He seems flustered for a second, "It allows me to… harden my teeth…"  He said slowly, rapidly glancing between the road and Koko trying to ascertain his unconventional Quirk.

"Interesting… Continue with what you were saying." She said,

Mentally sighing with relief, Koji continues. But Koko wasn't listening

Through his strange propaganda-like descriptions and learning his Quirk. She realised he was a leech, a good one too. He knows he's weak, his quirk only allows him to harden his teeth. So he degrades himself by sucking up to the higher ups. Doing the dirty work no one else wants to do and forced quite literally become a bottle opener at times. He does all this to stand above others even if it's just a step. 'A truly interesting person. I favor strength of all kinds and his tenacity would be welcomed.'

But Koko knows she must keep him at an arm's reach for now. Earliery she asked him why he was so quick to follow her, he said, "I'm an opportunist." His loyalty doesn't reside with more nor did it ever with the former leader. It simply relies on power. 'He follows the strong to reap the benefits and I'm not strong enough yet. If he meets groups like Shiehissaki or LOV in the future he will sell me out. There's no question about it. I'm not strong enough to trump the others in terms of strength. I have to stay in the shadows for now. Acquire trustworthy subordinates. Of course I could end him now…' Koko looks at Koji, a predatory gleam shining in her eyes. But as soon as it appeared it disappeared. 'No, that would be a waste.' She thought, shaking her head.

Thinking back to the gang She noticed a few others that caught her eye. There was a boy around her own age among the group. She asked Koji about him. He told her the boy was the former young master, the boss' son. When she saw him, his eyes shined with admiration when he looked at her. Not something she expected from the son of the man she just killed.

Sighing she leans back in her seat, 'I hope he's not weird.' She thought. Rain begins to fall. The familiar soft pitter patter hitting the windshield, disrupting the silence but at the same time adding a whole new layer to it. 'Was it raining when I fell into the void? I can barely remember. Nevermind that I have more important things.'

"Koji." Koko said, opening one eye to glance at the man driving on her right. Kojis calm face still rested on the road before them as he responded, "Yes, Boss?"  At least he understands proper road safety, Koko thought.

"I'm going to have you adopt me." This time Koji took his eyes off the road. Aiming a short glance at Koko to affirm whether she was serious or not. But it was hard for him to tell since for the most part her expression has not changed at all from when she showed up. "May I ask why?" He asked.

She sighed, "I can't exactly live in an orphanage while being a villain now can I? It's a good cover story but it will cause more problems than necessary." Of course this was only a half truth. Koko did not want this man of all people to know she cared about those in the orphanage. The real reason Koko wanted to leave was because it would put her siblings into too much danger. They were her weakness. If any of her enemies figured out her identity they would go after them first. The heroes wouldn't but the villains definitely would. 'My life is becoming to dangerous for them to be involved with it.'

"Ah, I see." He responded. Koko scanned his face for any doubt in her words. Satisfied to find none she looks out the window again. 'He seems to have bought it. But one can never be too careful.' "You will be under the guise of a lonely man who lost his family to a villain attack. It's a relatable story so the matron likely wont question it. You will need to fake the papers though. The whole process will take a long time so get started immediately."

"Consider it done." He responds simply. But the trace of excitement in his voice betrayed his true feelings. This was the first real job of responsibility he had been given that didn't involve anything disgusting. If things keep going like this I'll climb higher than before! He gleefully thought to himself.

Taking a turn he pulled up a couple blocks away from the orphanage. "Okay boss we're here." He steps out of the car and opens Koko's door. "Good work. Come by once the papers are forged." She said stepping out of the vehicle under an umbrella Koji had unfurled.

"I won't fail you boss." He said.

"Good." She replied simply. Walking in the direction of the orphanage

***

Shorter than I'd like but it gives some good info.