15

an: if i see one comment claiming timmy doesn't deserve this or how rora is leading harry on, y'all are never getting another happy chapter ever again :)

IM KIDDING but pls just enjoy this chapter without pointing out the obvious thanks <33333333333

•••••

"Can we just stay here and pretend like everything is okay?" My voice is muffled by his neck, keeping my face pressed into the warmth of his skin. "I just need to breathe. And the only time I feel like I can breathe is when I'm around you."

Harry's arms squeeze me tighter and he nods his head, swallowing thickly, "Wanna stay here with you forever."

My heart tugs painfully inside my chest and I inhale deeply, never getting enough of the way his jasmine scent floods my brain with the purest form of happiness. I push every thought about Timmy and my fucked up life out of my mind. I'm going to enjoy this moment with Harry for as long as I can.

"Okay," I squeeze him before pulling away to look into his eyes. "No more sadness. Let's enjoy this while we can, yeah?"

Tears leave glistening streaks down his cheeks, causing them to shine in the sun while he offers me a small smile. I wipe all of them away with my thumbs, his bottom eyelashes tickling the tips of my fingers. He closes his eyes while I brush his tears away, keeping a small smile on his lips and leaning into my touch.

"You're so pretty," I smile softly at him, keeping my hands pressed to his cheeks.

His face flushes a light pink and his smile grows, fluttering his eyes open to look at me, "I missed hearing you say that."

"I mean it when I say it," my thumbs move back and forth across his cheekbones, a magnet somehow keeping my skin glued to his. "I've never called Timothée pretty. I think that was always reserved for you."

"Good. I deserve it more than him," Harry grins and I giggle, laying my head on his shoulder. He lays his head on mine and my heart twists at the normalcy, remembering all of the small moments we had shared when we were together.

"Y'know... it's kinda weird how time seemed to move so fuckin' slow the past two years. But now I feel like I can barely keep up with everything that's happening," I murmur, taking his hand into mine and tracing up and down the lines of his palm with the tip of my finger.

"Yeah, I feel the same. It's like I never know what's going on half of the time these days. It killed me not knowing how you were during those two years away from you," he replies, voice low, almost monotone, my eyes watching the slow movements of my fingertips on his skin.

I hum softly and drag my thumb along his wrist, flipping his hand over to trace his black cross, "Sometimes I wish we would've kept in touch. Just to check in with each other every once in a while. But not having a way to contact each other was probably for the best." His chest vibrates as he hums in agreement, his face hidden from my sight. "I still missed you though. Every single day. Even though I was with Timmy, I thought about you all of the time," I add and pick my head up from his shoulder to look at him.

"What an unfaithful girlfriend you are," Harry jokes, scrunching his nose up slightly as his fingers tickle my sides softly. I squeal and try to push him away from me, instead falling onto the grass and trying to roll away from his quick fingers. "Thinking about another man while you're in a relationship. That's practically cheating, Rora," he grins down at me, never ceasing his torture of tickling me.

"Stop! I can't breathe!" I laugh and feel tears form in the corners of my eyes. "Harry, stop!" My lungs can't draw in enough air while I laugh so hard that my stomach hurts, pushing at his chest until he falls beside me in the grass.