Chapter 15 - Entrance Exam: Practical Portion

Start from the beginning

Vlad: "Can you give us more information about the top two?"

Nezu: "Well..."

Nezu said as he got Izuku's and Mordred's applications.

Nezu: *clears throat* "Both of them are the children of Artoria Pendragon, the former No.3 Hero, Mordred is her biological daughter. However, Izuku Pendragon was adopted it says here his former name is Izuku... Yagi?"

As soon as he said that, Inko's doubts were confirmed and everybody in the room, who knew what was going on, had their jaws dropped and expressions of disbelief. Even Nezu himself did not expect Izuku to change to such a huge degree, to the point where he surpassed the No.1 Hero's seemingly unbeatable record. After a few seconds of heavy silence, Toshinori broke it with a tone unbefitting of the Symbol of Peace and a worried and anxious expression.

Toshinori: "N-No way... N-Nezu, if he is my son, then why does he have a Quirk?"

Toshinori: 'I don't want to believe it but, he might have gone to All for One.'

Inko: "Is that... m-my son?"

Nezu: "Now, now. I know what you're thinking, Toshinori. Although it's a possibility, let's not jump to conclusions lest you alienate him again. As for your question Inko, he is indeed Izuku Yagi, or rather, was Izuku Yagi. It seems that he was adopted by the Pendragons four months ago."

Inko: "H-How could that be?! We're his parents!"

Toshinori: *frowns* '...Why would Artoria be the one to adopt him?'

Aizawa: "No you're not, Inko, legally or otherwise. Both of your rights as his parents were taken away after Tsukauchi completed his investigation. Therefore, he was up for adoption. Anyway, Nezu, I'd like to ask if we could meet him once the practical exam is over."

Nezu: "Very well, I would also like to talk to him once the practical exam is over. Speaking of, the examinees' real quality will be tested now!"

Pressing a red button labeled "Motivation Switch", Nezu smiled sadistically as the Zero-Pointers were finally emerging in all of the city Practice Centers.

∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆

(Izuku's POV)

*RUMBLE*

After I finished off another One-Pointer, I heard a loud rumble and felt a vibration from very far behind me. I looked at the source of the clamorous noise and saw a huge cloud of dust. Focusing my eyes, I could see a figure in the cloud of dust. Once it emerged, it was easy to identify that it was the Zero-Pointer. It punched the ground using its gigantic metal arm, resulting in another dust cloud. I decided to head over to the Zero-Pointer to see if any other examinees were still there.

Izuku: 'How odd... The people who designed the Zero-Pointer must have known its lack of mobility, yet they still made it unnecessarily large. Nobody would get anything by fighting that robot... It's as if it's a challenge. Did they make it that large because of the intimidation it causes?'

Present Mic: "TWO MORE MINUTES LEFT!"

Once I arrived in front of the Zero-Pointer, all the other examinees were running away, including Iida. However, I saw a girl trapped in the debris of the building that the Zero-Pointer crushed. Reacting quickly, I rushed to her side and pulled the debris off her, and picked her up with a bridal carry. I got out of there as fast as I could with a calm expression before the Zero-Pointer attacked again.

Izuku: 'I see... So this is to emulate the spirit of self-sacrifice.'

Izuku: "Girl, can you walk?"