Play With Fire

ɪɴꜱᴀɴᴇ, ɪɴꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ ɢᴇᴛꜱ ᴍᴇ ʜɪɢʜ
ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴍʏꜱᴇʟꜰ ɢᴏᴛ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛꜱ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ
ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴍᴇʟʟ ᴏꜰ ɢᴀꜱᴏʟɪɴᴇ
ɪ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀꜱᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴛ
ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ꜰɪʀᴇ

•°. *࿐

"He can't stay here, he'll only get worse Chan. You have to take him back," Hyunjin argued with the angered demon. "He needs help and only the humans can help him properly."

"Earth is not safe- there are too many silver-bloods roaming and they will kill Felix at any chance given," replied Seungmin.

"He isn't safe here either," Minho interrupted. "Not until we find who poisoned him."

"The human is dying, whatever we are doing, we must decide on quickly and act fast."Changbin had a fist on the table, the other wrapped around Hyunjin's waist, the taller of the two leaning against his mate with his forlorn gaze glued to Felix.

The younger laid in his shared bed with Chan, so pale his freckles were barely visible with dark purple veins crawling under his skin that was drenched in sweat. He'd fall in and out of consciousness, blinking slowly in confusion, not able to recognise where he was or who he was with before his body would fall limp again.

It was almost like his body was fighting itself, eating away at every cell only to leave him in unbearable pain, forcing him to shut down to block it out.

And Chan could do nothing but watch his human suffer in silence, so close to meeting death once again. It drowned him in uncontrollable rage and desperation, eyes inked black, fingers melting into sharp claws and craving the warmth of fresh blood, mind clouding over with the desire to kill. 

Using the back of his knuckles, he caressed Felix's cheek from where he kneeled, feeling a subtle burst of pride within his chest as his sigil glowed weakly on the younger's forehead before fading back between his brows.

Felix always came first. In every lifetime, in every realm, in every universe.

Snarling lowly, Chan didn't have to wait long for his brothers to silence themselves, all their attention aimed at him in obedience and deference.

He spoke with his gaze on his human.

"I'll take him back to Earth-"

"But Cha-" The demon growled, immediately silencing Asmodeus.

"I will not leave him unguarded," he turned to glance at Changbin, who understood instantly, bowing in agreement. "Changbin will guard him. Minho, I need you to-"

"Don't worry about that. I know what to do. Just worry about the little one."

The older nodded in thanks before glancing back at Changbin. "Follow me."

Gathering Felix in his arms with careful ease, he stood before disappearing in a cloud of black, Changbin tailing after the demon.

"I wish the depths of Tartarus on those who have touched our little human," Seungmin muttered under his breath, green eyes filled with cruel intent.

•°. *࿐

Minho was unruly. He was disruptive and lawless and did as he pleased.

But he was easy to please. It was as simple as giving him what he wanted- fitting for the prince of Greed.

Lucifer could not control him. Not even his mate- Lucifer's brother, Beelzebub. But they went hand in hand with one another. Greed and gluttony.

That was until Lucifer fell in love with a human.

Gullible and naive- easy to fool, easy to kill.

He enjoyed feeding on the human's fear, overly fond of his frightened expressions. Until that fondness turned into protectiveness. 

Like that of a lioness with her cubs.

So when Chan had asked him to find the silver blood that had supposedly befriended Felix, he was more than happy to do so, trapping him with ease.

Gesturing for the demon patrolling their prisons to open the cell, Minho took steady steps despite the dark, humming under his breath before stilling before an unmoving figure.

He patted the figure's cheek, hoping to wake him but failing. "Ah, what a pity."

With a claw, he dug into the flesh of his arm, grinning as his finger dipped in silver.

A pained grunt followed as the angel startled to his conscious mind in pain.

"There we go! It is nice to see you again, Sungho was it?" No reply came, but that didn't deter the eager demon. "How about we try this once more okay?"

Sungho grunted, weakly attempting to free himself from the charmed iron links tying him down.

Minho tutted in false disdain as he sucked on his blood coated finger and released it with an obnoxious pop."Let's make this quick and fun, my mate is waiting for me. Now," his eyes flashed purple as his claws extended before digging them into the angel's scalp, yanking his head back to glare down at him. "How do you know about the human?"

"You mean Felix?" Sungho wheezed with a pained grin. Minho grunted. "If I knew he was so precious to the princes of Hell, I would have killed him ages ago."

"Wrong," Minho responded quickly. "You've known for long enough. He was unguarded for long enough. Why wait?"

"He's not mine to kill. That was someone else's orders."

The demon stiffened, nose flaring in anger. "Orders. From who? To who?"

Sungho chuckled, only further enraging the purple-eyed demon. "Right under your nose. I didn't know demons were so stupid."

Right under your nose.

Who?

With an irritated grunt, Minho released the angel harshly, snarling as he hurried away with large steps.

Surely not one of us. The human means too much. Besides. We are all too afraid to face Lucifer's wrath. Then who?

"Min?"

He hummed in reply, too lost in thought to verbalise an answer.

"Did he finally say something?" Jisung questioned, approaching his mate with furrowed brows and palms rising to rest on his shoulders.

"Too much. But not enough."Jisung waited patiently for Minho to piece the information together, passing the few seconds by pressing into the older's muscles with his fingertips soothingly. "Someone easy to manipulate. Someone we would never question and someone we trust to be with Felix."

"But that- that could be anybody in this mansion-oh."

"What oh," Minho spoke in confusion.

"Hyunjin said that Chan only assigned Akia to Felix since he felt uncomfortable being hoarded by servants."

The two were quick to move. "I will find Chan- tell the others and don't kill Akia just yet. Leave her be for now."

•°. *࿐

The truth is out. Well, most of it at least.