Innocently

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ ɪꜱ."

•°. *࿐

The three-headed dog stared at him, eyes filled with betrayal and dejection, a paw hovering over the ground, tail between his legs, ready to retreat.

"I told you. He will not be happy," Chan muttered in distaste (Felix knew the demon was internally pleased with Cerberus's grudge. No one seemed to like his cat. His poor, innocent cat. He'll never understand a demon's animosity towards the four-legged animal).

Felix could only gape in disbelief. "But Loki is harmless!"

His aggravated yell was enough for the oversized dog to scurry away from the two, woeful whimpers escaping his snout and the brunette felt his heart break into two. So he turned to the demon and stared him down, gently passing Loki to the older who hissed at the approaching pet. Huffing, Felix glared sharply. Unbelievable.

"Hold her." Chan snarled in his chest, his eyes flashing in anger and the human gulped. "Please." He leaned up to peck the demon's cheek- he did not need a maddened demon and dog on his hands, and for extra measures, he made sure to peer at the older relentlessly with his best puppy eyes (he was ashamed, yes. But desperate times, desperate measures).

Amused by his antics, the demon raised a brow, thumb caressing the growing blush on the younger's face as the corner of his lip raised slightly.

How embarrassing.

"Only because you asked me, oh so dearly," Chan rumbled teasingly, suffocating another snarl when Felix carried Loki closer to him with both arms. However, the demon simply grabbed the cat by the scruff, uncaring of the cat's claws digging into his forearm in a desperate attempt to save herself from falling. Before the human could complain, he spoke, "this is the best the beast is getting from me."

Unbelievable. Un-fucking-believable.

"I won't speak to you if she gets hurt," Felix threatened, reaching out to support Loki's flailing limbs.

"Then you best hurry, hm?" the demon replied, unphased by the brunette's words as he continued to walk through the foyer, leaving the human behind as Loki cried out in distress.

Enraged, Felix stormed past Chan, hurrying after Cerberus whilst promising to give the demon hell.

•°. *࿐

"Puppy?" Felix called out, searching between the trees for dark fur. He hollered again for the hound and after being met with nothing once more, he whistled monotonously, similar to the way Chan had called to the guard dog when he first came to Hell and was pleased to hear the familiar thuds of large paws meeting the grass ground.

Cerberus pummelled towards him, making him stumble back a few steps as the dog growled, surrounding him, tense and on guard. But when he realised that Felix was not in harm's way, the hound puffed and huffed, glancing at the human who stood stunned before curling up again, wallowing pitifully, turned away from the brunette.

Are all creatures of Hell this dramatic?

"Cerberus, look at me please," Felix coaxed softly, walking around the gigantic puppy to face him when the dog didn't even twitch. "Are you jealous?" The hound growled lowly. So that's a yes. "You're the only puppy in my life. I promise little one," he continued, hiding a giggle when Cerberus' tail wagged, despite his teary eyes.

He rested his cheek on the dog's snout, wrapping his arms around his nose in an attempt of a hug, before moving away to let the hound stand on his limbs and follow him as he walked back into Lucifer's home.