Chapter 5: (Y/N) The Worker Bee

Start from the beginning

"Good morning, smiling face emoticon." you say

You look at the screen, and 'Good morning :)' appeared. You confirmed you wanted to send the message, and you sat back up. You were almost off the bridge so you decided to manually drive. Although SAVI's autodrive system had been proven to work well on city streets, you were still pretty nervous to use it on anything that wasn't a straightaway.

You were nearing the city, and you really only had maybe fifteen minutes to go before you finally made it to work.

"SAVI, disable autodrive." you command.

"Autodrive now disabled." SAVI says.

You put your hands back on the steering wheel and make your way into Edgewood.

You look farther into the distance and see the tall building with "NMC NEWS" on the top in large white letters.

You had the honor of working on the second to last floor that the building had. You were also lucky enough to have your own office, which you used to your benefit.

You pull into the large parking lot next to the building and drive up and down, desperate to get to a parking spot. As you expected, most of your coworkers had gotten there already, and their cars took up most of the available spots, leaving you to park between your boss's car and a tiny blue Mazda.

You didn't trust SAVI enough to park itself, because if it scratched your boss's car AT ALL, he would have your head. He keeps it clean and pristine, and if any minor damage to we're make itself evident, he. Would. Flip. His. Shit.

(Your boss's Challenger

(Your boss's Challenger. You dent it, you die)

You manage to park your car yourself, and you step out, walking towards the elevator that would take you to your floor.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" a voice called from a little ways behind you.

You look back and see your friend, Fritz, speed-walking towards you.

"Oh, hey Fritz!" you said.

His name wasn't actually Fritz. It's his middle name because he doesn't like his first name, which is Kieran. He had come for an internship at the paper since he was studying journalism, and was an amateur reporter. You saw his enthusiasm, so you assigned some of the smaller, interesting stories. That, and speeches from city officials.

"How was your weekend?" you ask.

"Eh, it could be better. What about yours?" he asked.

You wondered whether or not to tell him about the date, but that could come later.

"Pretty average. I went to the SAVI Tower to snap some photos of the view from up there, but after that I mostly just cleaned my place and chilled." you said.

"Ooh! Can I see the pictures if you have 'em?" Fritz asked.

"Yeah, hold on." you say, pulling out your phone and opening the photo.