They nodded. "We understand, professor."

*****

Hermione woke up early the morning of the 31st. She was very excited to celebrate Harry's birthday with him for the first time as a couple. She thought she was more excited about his birthday than he was.

She got out of the bed and smiled as she saw the sleeping form of her husband. Quietly stepping out of the room, she quickly rushed downstairs to the kitchen to prepare breakfast before he woke.

She stopped by the living room to grab his gift when she noticed two envelopes sitting on the coffee table. She picked them up and continued down to the kitchen, unable to stop herself from smiling.

She made the muffins and put them into the oven before she started to cook the eggs, pancakes and bacon. She wondered how long it would take for him to wake, and knew without a doubt that he would wake soon.

He seemed to wake shortly after she did.

Back upstairs, Harry was beginning to stir in his bed. He reached his arm around for Hermione, but found the bed empty once again. He blinked his eyes a few times before he sat up in the bed, rubbing them with the palms of his hands as he did so. He reached over and grabbed his glasses before summoning his pajama bottoms. He put them on and used the loo before venturing downstairs.

As soon as he got to the bottom of the stairwell, he could smell Hermione's cooking.

He smiled to himself. He loved her cooking.

He entered the kitchen and saw her standing at the stove, cooking the eggs and humming to herself. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, planting a kiss to her neck as he did so.

"Harry birthday," she said, turning around to wrap her arms his neck. "I've made you breakfast and I have your present in the living room."

"Already a great day," he replied with a grin.

"Molly and Arthur are hosting a dinner for you tonight, and they said I could bring my parents, too, so we could all celebrate together."

"So it's just you and I for the day, right?"

"Of course," she said with a smile. He smiled back.

"When do I get to open my present?"

"Breakfast first," she said, tapping his chest. He let out a playful sigh. "Don't like my cooking?"

"I love your cooking," he said, kissing his head. "I can't stop eating your cooking."

The oven timer went off and she pulled the muffins out. She then put them into a bowl and placed them on the table. He attempted to help her, but she slapped his hand away.

"It's your birthday. You're not doing anything."

"Now this is not fair," he said, sitting at the table. She gave him a look.

"What do you mean?"

"We'll be at Hogwarts on your birthday. I won't be able to do anything for you."

"How about this," she started, grabbing for his hand. "The last week we're here before school starts, we celebrate my birthday. Is that a deal?"