Chapter 18: Reign of Evil

General Kenneth was standing inside Colonel Rick's former lair. Spiderwebs hung from every nook and cranny, creating a maze. The general heaved a sigh.

"Farewell, my friend," he said. He splashed gasoline everywhere in the room. When he was done, he lit a match and threw it into the flammable liquid. He left as the room blazed in inferno.

Half of the Annihilator army was now on Earth, fighting against the revolts that seemed to grow from everywhere on Earth. Civilians had taken matters into their own hands. People did whatever they could to banish the aliens, only to be beaten up and tortured.

"How's the US President?" General Kenneth asked Colonel Williams. The commander had been promoted to a higher rank due to the vacancy of position, and so had the other lower ranks.

"Disappointing," the colonel answered. "He survived, but we ended many other presidents and prime ministers. Germany has no leader, France—"

"SHUT UP!!!" the general bellowed, smacking the colonel. The octopus creature slithered a few feet away, keeping his distance to avoid another outburst of wrath.

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU?! ASSASSINATE THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!! I HAVE NEVER EVER ORDERED TO MURDER THE OTHER LEADERS!!!"

"My deepest apologies—"

"Get out!"

The colonel crawled away.

The news had the general's blood boiling so intensely that it would probably vaporize. He felt a violent and brutal rage in his head. His hands were shaking, tempted to end someone. His veins were about to explode if he had nothing to land his anger on.

The US President played a great role in humanity. He had to end that one world leader. As long as he was alive, the world had hope.

***

Lieutenant Frank sat on a chair, studying the map. Someone knocked on his door, and he let him in.

"Ah, Frank," Captain Terrence said. "What are you doing? Staring at maps again? You should come with us sometimes, have fun."

"Sorry, but I can't let the general down," Lieutenant Frank pointed out. "Did you know what he did to Officer Murray?"

"Murray? He got sentenced to death by suffocation, didn't he?" Terrence recalled. "Poor Murray. I used to be his friend years ago. Everything comes and goes."

"Right, and if you'll excuse me, I must continue my research," Frank said.

"Okay," Terrence said. "I'm just advising you to socialize."

"Point taken," the lieutenant said.

Captain Terrence exited the small hut and chatted with the soldiers. It was night, and they had barbecue and roasts for dinner. The soldiers were beginning to get used to Earth, which was good. Soon, they would not have to live on their spaceship anymore. They would have a whole habitable planet to themselves.

While the soldiers laughed around the campfire, the captain walked to the outer section of their community. Several prisons sat there, holding up dozens of abducted villagers.

The prisoners were in bad shape. Some had open wounds, some were suffering from diseases, and some were starving.

"What are you doing to us?" a woman who cradled a baby in her arms shouted. "Why are you keeping us locked?"

"Keep quiet!" he barked, kicking the woman and her infant.

"Hey, knock it off!" a sickly man called. "She has a child, you bastard!"

"Remember not to give him food and water," Terrence told a soldier.

"Wait, I didn't mean it!" the man begged, but was ignored.

Some children cried and wailed, but an electric zap silenced them. Terrence fed on the miseries of others, and the horrible sight quenched his thirst.

"Sir?" a soldier asked. "Another rebellion is on its way. We need to prepare."

"How large?"

"Five thousand civilians," the soldier explained. "They are armed with guns and melee weapons, such as farming tools, shovels, pickaxes, etc. They are coming here from the eastern coast."

"And how many soldiers do we have?"

"Five hundred."

"So it's gonna be one against ten?  I am going to like this challenge," Terrence smirked. "No, bring only two hundred. I'll lead the battle. Tell Frank to stay here and be alert for other possible attacks. I don't want to spend all our men on this incoming threat in case it's a distraction."

"Yes,sir!"

Within minutes, two hundred soldiers were gathered. Terrence led them into the battle. For them, this was only like a drill or training, since rebellions were so common after they began taking over regions on Earth.

The civilians went face to face with the aliens. Just one look and Terrence already knew they had no military training at all. Most of them carried shovels, some had burning torches, others were going with non-lethal weapons. These are just a gang of imbeciles, Terrence thought.

Without hesitation, the two parties honed in on each other. Before the civilians could fire guns or throw things at them, the aliens had disarmed their front line. Dozens of people fell, drowning the rebel army's mood. Some of them stopped, while the others kept pushing forward.

The ones who paused abruptly began running backwards, then fleeing. More rays of lasers and electric shocks were sent toward the remaining attackers. It was a total abomination. Less than half an hour later, the victorious ones had been determined.