Chapter 1: The Unlucky Ones

Mark Besfort was a young man who worked as a crewman on a cargo ship. He had loved his job since he stepped on the ship, enjoying every second of doing his duties, although he tried to avoid the chore of cleaning the toilet.

On a sunny Thursday in June, he was onboard a cargo ship, the Neptune, which was sailing across the Atlantic Ocean. He had breakfast with the crew and helped wash the dishes or observe the horizon for any possible dangers.

"Aye, lad," he heard Captain Lee called him. "Enjoyin' hangin' around?"

"Yeah, weather's pretty nice, huh?"

"Two days and we'll be dockin' soon, what ya doin' when ya off the ship?"

"Well, probably hitch a ride on another and set sail home."

"Good luck for ya."

They sat for a while at the deck, with the captain telling him stories of his adventures. They laughed and shared experiences. It seemed like a good day, but unbeknownst to them, their fates had been sealed.

***

Sergeant Paul, a member of the Annihilator military, who was a beetle-like creature with green and striped skin, was deployed to the surface of the Earth to investigate and conduct research about humans. He rode in a spaceship that was half the size of a football field and was followed by four smaller spaceships.

The small unit descended into the atmosphere and separated. Two small spaceships flew to the Atlantic Ocean to attack a cargo ship, while one headed to a satellite tower in the Chihuahuan Desert in Texas to get a sample of human communication technology. Sergeant Paul's spaceship and a smaller one went to a place where most humans were not allowed: Area 51.

Officer Murray, an amphibian squid-like creature, led his team of two spaceships and eight soldiers to a random cargo ship. When they spotted her, Officer Murray ordered his soldiers to fire at her stern section.

They did as he had instructed and left the stern of the ship in flames. Sailors grabbed the guns on the ship and tried shooting back at the spaceships, but they were too fast to aim. They ended up firing sporadically and wasting bullets.

A missile was launched and it hit the containers on the deck. One of them was likely carrying flammable materials, as the whole stack of containers erupted in flames. The explosion also caused more than a dozen to fall off the ship and sink into the bottom of the ocean, lost forever.

Another missile was launched, and the starboard side was its target. The missile detonated, leaving the ship with a gaping hole that let sea water flow in. It was only a matter of time before she met the same fate as the fallen containers.

"What the heck are those?!" Captain Lee shouted.

"I think those are alien spaceships!" Mark said. "And they did not come in peace!"

Another round of attack was unleashed to the ship, this time targeting the sailors. Dozens upon dozens lost their lives, while the others were either injured or psychologically shaken from watching their friends perish.

"This is Beta!" Officer Murray spoke over the radio. "Gamma, prepare to land on the deck of the ship!"

Seconds later, the spaceships were on the SS Neptune. Their doors opened and the "aliens" walked out, each carrying different types of weapons. Some held laser shooters, while others pointed electric snipers at the sailors.

"Who are ya? What do ya want?" Captain Lee asked.

"Allow me to introduce ourselves," Officer Murray said. "We are the Extraterrestrial Beings. We have a technology so advanced we doubt anyone else could beat us. We have come here to take over Earth."