!Angst to Fluff! Levi X Reader

Start from the beginning

~~

The next day, you're inside Wall Maria with the new recruits, on the 57th Expedition. You had requested for a position change at the last minute, not wanting to be around Levi because your emotions would distract you. Thankfully, Commander Erwin was understanding and didn't ask questions, finding it helpful for you to be with the newbies, anyway. Now, positioned with three boys named Reiner, Armin, and Jean, you find yourselves face-to-face with an abnormal, 15-meter Titan.

The abnormal jumps over your heads, causing the ground to shake when it lands. Everyone falls off their horses, knocking the wind out of you. Feeling your cheek, you notice blood on your fingers. Wiping it off with your sleeve, you recoil at the thought of Levi scolding you for dirtying your uniform. The thought him still hurts but this is exactly why you requested a change in position. As soon as you look up, you see the Titan lift up Armin's hood, looking at his face before getting up and running away. "What the hell was that all about...?" You mutter to yourself.

After losing a horse, another new recruit is able to bring a spare, allowing you and your group to continue forward, heading for the forest of large trees. Now, on watch for Titans and keeping them out of the forest, you quietly watch down below, noticing Titans approach. "As long as they're not entering, they're fine thinking we're the food." You tell your group, not caring if they think its ridiculous to not slaughter the Titans. You have to preserve as much gas as possible so now is the opportunity to do so. There's a tiny ounce of you that wonders how Levi is doing but you're quick to shut it down, not wanting to give him anymore of your energy.

Eventually, you hear a loud screech, causing you to cover your ears from the piercing ruckus. Immediately, the Titans below you storm the forest, forgetting you even exist. "Shit!" You curse, removing your hands from your ears to try and go after them. You know the abnormal Female Titan was captured and you have to try and keep it that way. The last thing you want to do is let your squad down.

Able to take down two of them, you have to retreat back to the trees, realizing they're too fast for you to keep up with, and only wasting your gas. "Our newest orders are to retreat back to headquarters!" Reiner shouts at you, already heading back to the horses. Nodding, you follow the rest of them to start heading back. It seems odd that you're ending the expedition early but you won't question your superior's decision too much.

Along the way, as you begin to meet up with other cadets, you hear murmurs of an entire squad being taken out. Catching a lump in your throat, it sounds terrifying, only imagining how awful it has to be, and wondering whose it was. The longer you ride, the more people start to talk about it. Eventually, you hear the very name itself be brought up. "Captain Levi's squad." You hear someone mention. Almost bringing your horse to a complete halt, Armin notices and grabs your wrist, shaking his head. "Keep moving forward!" He encourages you. Even though you're scared, you follow Armin's directions and stick with your squad, knowing better than to break formation and put yourself in the line of fire by turning around. As terrified and worried as you are, you keep pushing forward, headed for home.

Making it through the gates, you immediately jump off your horse, anxiously waiting nearby for any sign of Levi. The man may have broken your heart but you still deeply care for him. You would be even more crushed had he not made it home. Scanning each horse and injured cart passing by, your (color) eyes eventually land on the familiar raven, calling out for him. "Levi!" You shout, waving your arms over your head. Running out in front of the last few horses, the man hops off his own, jogging towards you with a bit of a limp. Meeting him in the middle, you crash into each other, arms tightly wrapping around the other, not wanting to let go.

"I thought I lost you out there..." You breathe out against him, heart pounding against your chest, feeling the man's own racing heartbeat. "I did too... I was so afraid, Y/n." He mumbles, not daring to let you go anytime soon. Tangling your fingers in his short, dark hair, you bury your nose in his neck, letting a few tears of relief slide by. Resting his hand on the back of your head, he guides you to sit on the ground, ignoring his injured ankle. "You're too hard to forget, Levi... I don't want this for us anymore." You whisper against his skin. Swallowing, the man nods gently. "I don't either... I'm sorry I hurt you, Y/n. I was afraid it would hurt more to lose you had I not let you go beforehand. It hurts just as bad either way... but I'm grateful to have you back for a second chance." He whispers back, holding you close and tight.

"I wanna go home..." You mumble, tears eventually ceasing. "And take care of your injury." You add, catching him off guard. "How did you know...?" He pulls back enough to look at you. "Because you're never good at hiding physical pain." You answer quietly with a small grin, returning the gaze. "Let's go home, then... and forget today happened while we can." He offers, pulling you up. Once standing, he gently presses his lips against your forehead, all of the previous night's guilt building up again. He hated seeing you so upset because of him. He would spend the next few months trying to make it up to you for his mistake. Never letting go, you smile at the familiar sensation of his lips, moving so you can steal them with your own, a hand falling from his hair to cup his cheek.

Once you pull away, his eyes gloss over your face as the evening sun glows over your skin, making it shine. Noticing the cut on your cheek from earlier, he carefully wipes off the dried blood with his thumb, not minding the mess. "Let's get you cleaned and bandaged too." He whispers, pulling you back into his embrace one last time before officially heading back to headquarters.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A bit of a short chapter and I went based off of memory for the expedition 💀

Also, this was a bit inspired by the song "Lie to Me," by 5SOS. Its addictive.

I hope you enjoyed this short, little angst to fluff! I miss writing due to my busy school schedule but I love updating when I can! Always feel free to add more requests and I'll get to them when I can. I try to chip away at them when I find the time. Until the next chapter!

~AlpineBreadStick