chapter 3

Deja's pov🦋

         I woke up early getting ready for school again tired ash, my eyes puffy cause I cried myself to sleep. I sat on the couch and draw on my long black socks and my flat shoes.

I took up my English textbook and walked out of my room, I saw my lunch money on the table I took it up and ran to the gate because the bus was blowing.

When I reached mathematics class I was kinda late so everyone was staring at me, mi take a seat around the back.

I listened to what he was explaining and I understood everything.

He asked Ashley a question

"Sir mi cya do that," she declared rolling her eyes.

"Ashley you have to at least try," he says holding out the marker.

She stands up modeling to the board, she just go up there go do bay foolishness.

"Ok class, anyone else," he said mi look down because if uh give dem teacher yah eye contact dem pick pan you.

"Miss Brown come to the board"

Chroo bomboclatt

I walk up to the board and do the equation quickly, I liked mathematics but Spanish is my favorite subject it was like my second language.

"That's correct good job, take a page out of Deja's book Ashley," he says explaining again, she turned giving me a middle finger and I gladly gave her back one.

Puta

I laughed in my mind not because I'm mocking her it's because she's so full of herself and she doesn't take school seriously.

I have SBAs to do soon and I don't have a laptop r phone I know very well she does and she probably takes that for granted.

I walked to buy water and a bar of chocolate. Walking back to my class I bumped into someone.

"Hey Deja" Anna smiled genuinely.

"Hey, are you feeling better," I asked.

"Yes am good, thanks for asking, and thanks for yesterday".

"That's ok,".

"Are you eating alone?" she said looking at my lunch.

"Yea why," I said.

"Mi can come" she pleads

"Yeah sure," I said walking to my block, when we reach my class she tek up a chair n move it to my desk.

"So Anna what happened to you the other day" I was curious.

"I have Gastroenteritis Deja I can't eat certain food and I did yesterday so it didn't gree with my stomach" she explained.

"I'm sorry about that," I said biting my chocolate.

"Deja are you ok," she asks concerned.

I narrowed my eyes at her " yes why".

She touched my hands" your cheeks are red Deja".

I just remembered the slap.

I turned and said it was nothing.
I changed the topic and we were getting to know each other more.

I laughed so much and smiled

I think I have my very first friend

She did nice for an upper-class girl. When school is over we tek a taxi together fi go home.

I hugged her when the driver reached my stop.

I went inside to see my stepfather on the veranda wid one of the neighbors.

I greeted them and walked to my room, I did my maths assignment and practice some questions from the topic that we had tomorrow.

Mi walk go round the back a the yard and wash mi uniform so mi coulda have for the next day.

After I washed it mi cook some rice and corn beef. I ate mine then go bathe, I finished walking to my room in a towel.

I saw Justin in my room.

"Hey, uh deaf fi stop go in a mi room" mi scream.

"I can do anything I want," he says eyeing me.

He did too fast he run and lock the door. Our parents never home dem deh evening church.

"Deja stop play no, mi know uh wah me just as much as I want you," he said walking towards me.

"Noo Justin," I said.

He grab my hands pinning dem over my head, I couldn't move he was so strong. He kissed my neck and my lips but I didn't kiss back.

Him lif mi up, putting me on the bed, I screamed and begged him but he didn't stop.

"Take off the towel Deja, mi sure uh no wah me take it off," he said angrily.

I'm not letting this piece of shit take my virginity.

" No," mi tek up one of mi heavy books and lick him and run out the room.

Then mi see mummy and her man a walk come.

Thank God mi neva so glad fi see dem

Mi neva see back him fi the day and mi glad, I wanted to tell my mother but she wouldn't believe it.

...

"Deja come yah," she said.

"Yes mom," I said sitting down on the couch.

"Mi get a work up a hill, mi ago help tek care a wah old man, but sometimes mi Nah go deh home" she explains.

Mi did get afraid after what happened today, mi never wah she leave so mi did ago tell r.

"Mom-" I started but Justin interrupted.

"Mom you know mi match a tomorrow so Deja ago reach home late ere, a that she did wah tell you right Deja," he said daring me to say anything.

"Ye-ss th-at" I stuttered.

"Alright that's good," she says walking away.

"If you tell nobody weh me do me fuck uh up, mi we kill uh, uh ere mi" he whispered

I nodded walking to my room thinking if he did get what he wanted I can't stay here. I always see stories of rape victims on tv, and they face a lot I don't wanna be one.

I will die before letting him hurt me.

I never asked for a complicated life, I just wanna be in a family that loves me. And a protective brother, not a rapist.

I hated men.

I cried hoping and wishing that life would get better, I can't do this I'm too weak, I pretend every day, I'm tired, my heart, my brain, everything, I just want it to stop.

I cried myself to sleep again that night.

Support by voting ❤️