Chapter 10 (Chris' POV)

Chris' POV

I waited around for Eddie to stop by like he usually did after class. I kept myself occupied with writing down what I thought could be potential lyrics in my notebook. I must have fallen asleep for the rest of the afternoon. When I opened my eyes, the living room was dim, with some rays from the setting sun coming from the windows. I sniffled and rose to my feet, stretching my arms and back before walking to the large middle window. I pulled the curtains open to take a look outside, wondering why Mike's car was in the driveway. I wasn't expecting him. Nor was I expecting to see Eddie in the passenger seat. Frowning, I drew the curtains shut and threw myself back into the couch, crossing my arms and closing my eyes.

Evidently, I fell asleep a second time, because I felt my shoulder being shaken.

I opened my eyes to Eddie's face an inch away from mine. "H-hi there."

"Hey Chris," Eddie chuckled and straightened up. "I was this close to kissing you to wake you up."

"Who says you still can't kiss me anyway?" I wiped the corners of my eyes with my fingers.

"Good point."

Eddie set the paper bag in his hand down on the coffee table behind him, and leaned forward to kiss me softly, bringing a tingling blush to my face. When he pulled back a little, I looked down at his pink lips. I always thought they were really cute. And the way his cheeks got rounder when he smiled always did a number on me. We shared a brief gaze into each others eyes before we both closed the space between our lips.

The kisses deepened from there and at some point he ended up on my lap. My arms were underneath his t-shirt, my hands sliding up his arched back while he slowly rutted his hips into me. I removed one of my hands to cup his face, and I waited until we broke away for air to kiss his jaw, working my way down to his...

...his neck... where I saw what looked to me like a bruise of some kind. Matter of fact, I was certain it was really a--

"Chris," he sighed, moving his head away from me.

"Hm?"

"The food's gonna get cold."

If I had the balls to do it, I would have confronted him about it right then and there. Instead, I put a mental pin in it and took my hands off him.

I sat back against the couch. "What'd you get?"

"I went to that diner you really like and got us a few burgers and fries," he said. "Unless you already ate, then I guess I'll just have to eat all four of the burgers."

"They're the ones with the bacon, right?"

"Hell yeah."

"Then hell no, you're not eating all four of them," I laughed. "Get up."

Eddie smiled as he unstraddled me, taking the paper bag and opening it as he sat next to me. "Turn the TV on."

I did just that and put the remote back down to watch the rest of the music video playing on Headbanger's Ball.

"Is this one of those thrash metal bands?" he groaned. "God, my roommate always listens to this shit in the car, in the dorm. Everywhere."

"You don't like it?" I asked as he passed me two burgers. I didn't recognize the song or the band on TV, but I personally didn't mind some of the stuff. And in my opinion, his roommate sounded like a cool person if they really liked thrash metal.

"Not really," He opened a styrofoam container of fries and put it between us on the coffee table. "Maybe I just don't get it."

"I can change the channel if you want."

"Nah. What is it, almost 7? Beavis and Butthead comes on after this."

"Let me get this straight--"

"We're not straight, Chris," he cut in before taking a bite of his burger.

"You--" I interrupted myself with a loud laugh. "True, but... you don't like thrash metal but you watch Beavis and Butthead, like, faithfully."

He swallowed. "Not faithfully, I just... I dunno... it's funny."

"Ed, half the music videos they watch are thrash metal."

"Not half of them, they actually feature a wider range of genres outside of rock and metal."

We talked and joked as we ate. Turns out he was in the right, because we caught a Madonna video and another one from this band called Bauhaus in the same episode. I thought the genre variety was cool. More than that, this was the best Eddie and I had gotten along in weeks. It almost made me forget about the hickey on his neck that I had no memory of giving him.