¤Chapter Sixteen¤ Skye

Lord John went a little bit better over the day and Eilidh and I did our best to keep the fever low.
"Isobel truely believed that a cup of tea could cure any type of sickness." He said after a coughing fit.
"I'm sorry for the lose of your wife." I said and sat down next to him as I gave him a cup of tea.
"We have know eachother our entire life." He chuckled. "She might as well have been my sister." He looked sat a bit strange.
"Did she know you felt that way?" I asked and laid a cold cloth dipped in Applecider.
"I think. But she never said a word." He coughed again.
"Momma?" Eilidh walked in.
"Yes dear?" I looked at her.
"Da is back and asked if he can do something?" She looked at Lord John.
"Stay away from here with the children and from you."
Eilidh nodded and walked out.
"She is a truely wise woman already for her age." Lord John noticed.
"Well she got that from her father." I looked after her.
"And she got the spirit of you." He said. "Acting on like everything is normal."
"How that?" I sat down and he took a sip of his tea.
"You're envious of the time Jamie and I shared together and with William." He stated and my heart pinched together because I realised he spoke the truth. "You're envious of the fact that I'm raising Jamie's son. Are you not?"
"I have children with him aswell." I quickly defended myself. "We raised them together, all tho Culloden robbed us from the opportunity to raise Eilidh together in her first years."
His face grew paler and not because he was sick.
"I meant no offence." He quickly said.
"No. But you did mean to imply that you and Jamie have something together that we did not." My voice raised a little. "But perhaps you're right about that." I sat back. "You spend more time with Jamie probably then I had with him before we where ripped apart."
He swallowed a bit.
"Let me ask you, what if your son takes a good look at Jamie's face and sees his own? Or in Eilidh face or even in the one of Tàmhas?" I sat a bit forward. "Not now. But later in the future. And he learns then that his entire life is a lie. He would be devastated. So I can't for the life of me understand your motivation for you to come here and keep contact with us."
"Isn't it obvious?" He asked. "For Jamie to see his son."
"Or is there another obvious?" I asked him and he raised his eyebrows. "To allow you to see Jamie?"
His face got even paler and tears formed in his eyes.
"You are a rather remarkable and wise woman Greer." He stated again.
"How?"
"You are neither circumspect nor ciruitous." He paused. "I believe I never met anyone so devastatingly straightforward. Male or Female."
"Aye. I'm Dutch that is what we know for and we are born that way" I stood up and walked towards the kitchen to check on the broth.
"And so was I." I heared him mutter under his breath before he fell back to sleep.