¤Chapter two¤ Skye

"This dress is way to tight," I turned to look in the mirror and Jamie stood behind me.
"Uncomfortable?" He asked and pressed a kiss on the bare skin of my shoulder.

"A bit," the fabric was thight around my belly and I was afraid that when I sat down it would rip

"A bit," the fabric was thight around my belly and I was afraid that when I sat down it would rip. "But all for the good cause," we had a dinner with a rich man, to whom we hoped to sell gems to buy us all pageway to Scotland.
"Urr ye aye sure yi'll waant tae mak' th' journey a' th' wey tae Scotland?" He asked worriedly.
"Jamie our child is going to be born in Scotland," I turned around. "And maybe we are in time so you could fullfill your promise you made on that ship," I wiggled my eyebrows and he laughed.
"Ye'll hae tae keep a raincheck oan that," and he laid his hands on the edge of my belly. The stomach was terribly between us. "Ah dinnae wantae hurt ye or th' bairn,"
"The baby will be fine and so will I," I looked at the bed. "We have time," I found my way down to his pants and he stopped me.
"Th' bairn," he said again.
"Let me worry about our child," I pushed him back towards the bed and he chuckled.
"Aye, bit tonight," he pulled me away from the bed and we made our way towards the dinner.

The seats where to uncomfortabel and I couldn't sat down properly at the table.
The conversations where long and boring and governor Tyron was intrigued by Jamie while I chatted with the hostess.
"How long do you have to go Mistress Fraser?" Mrs Lillington, the hostess, asked.
"I'm currently six months so I still have 3 months to go," I smiled and she looked at me in suprise.
"And you want to go make a three month journey back to Scotland?" She asked in suprise and Jamie smiled a bit triomph
"Yes indeed. If all goes right I'll have two weeks left when we arrive" I smiled and then I noticed that Jamie stood up and followed Governor Tyron into an other room.
"That is a fine Ruby you have there mistress," Phillip Wylie noticed. "May I have a look.
He stood up to look closer at the ruby around my neck and I quickly unclasped it and layed it in his hand.
He looked a bit disappointed and then he looked closer to the ruby.
"It's a real one?" He asked.
"Yes, my husband let me only wear the finest one," I smiled back at him. "But we are actually looking to sell them,"
"Really?" He raised his eyebrows. "For how much?"
"How much do you think those are worth?" I fired back and the deal was on.

"11 sterlings," Jamie looked at it back in our room. "11,"
"Your wife is good aye?" I released myself from the tight corset and the baby kicked in thanks. "Yeah, yeah I know," I patted. "I made it even more roomless in there,"
Jamie smiled and walked over and bowed. "Bit yer mither made us a fortuin," he looked up. "She is a barry body,"
"A what?" I asked suprised.
"A wonderful person," he repeated in English.
"Just say that," I laid down.
"Governor Tyron made me a offer. A piece o' land," Jamie told me and I shot up.
"Are you for real Jamie?" I asked him in suprise. "What did you say,"
"That ah will see it." He answered. "A dinnae ken how come he picked me. Ah hae na connections 'ere."
"Maybe that's why," I sat up. "Jamie we can try it here. Your no wanted man here. Eilidh can grow up here without danger of losing her father and this one aswell,"
"Aye," he walked away. "Bit th' revaluation ye and Eilidh talked about."
"That's in 1775 Jamie. We have plenty of time to try it out and leave before it."
"Thare is a catch. He wants me tae jyne as a fighter whin a war is goosed oot," he said and my smile dropped.
"We still can try it," I said again and he looked at me.
"Aye then," he smiled. "We'll give it a go," he pressed a kiss on my lips. "Fae oor bairns."
"For out childeren," I repeated him.