¤Chapter three¤ Skye

"Momma," Eilidh sat down. "What's wrong?" We all called them down to tell them
Fergus, Arabella and Michael also looked at us.
"Jamie and I decided to stay here with Eilidh," I answered and Fergus sat his cup down.
"Staying in America?" He asked to be sure.
"Aye, Land wis shored tae me up north,"  Jamie answered and took my hand. "We gie it a shot,"
Eilidh looked at me. "So we stay here?" She asked also again looking a bit panicked.
"Yes," I pressed her near me. "We'll leave before the war," I whispered in her ear and she sighed with relieve.
"Fergus, Arabella. 'ere is a piece o' th' profit we made wi' th' ruby sae ye kin sail back tae Scotland wi' Mìcheal," Jamie gave Fergus a small bag filled with money while Michael protested.
"Actually Milord. We wanted to stay aswell," Fergus looked at Arabella and I holded my hand up under the table since I sensed what was coming. The loving look between those two was enough and Jamie didn't seemed to noticed it at first. "Arabella is with child,"
Jamie cracked up a smile and Eilidh ran around the table to hug Arabella tightly and then Fergus.
"Whit?" Jamie laughed and smacked my hand away under the table. "Ye'll mak' a braw faither Fergus 'n' ye a stoatin mither Arabella," he stood up and walked over to Fergus as I walked over to Arabella to give her a big hug. How far that was possible with my stomach and then I hugged Fergus.
"Take good care of her," I whispered in his ear.
"I will milady, I will," he promised me.

The next day we traveled up north with a boat to River Run. The estate of Jamie's aunt. I wanted to go by horse but given my state Jamie found the boat more saver.
"I swear it I grew atleast half a foot last night," I huffed.
"Nae ye dinna," Jamie looked up and pressed a kiss down at it. Which was return by a kick.
"Stop it," I looked down. "He has been kicking me all night long. If I didn't know any better, I thought there where three in there,"
"Please nae," Jamie stood up with a smile. "Came here Mò Ghràdh," he took my hand and walked with me towards the front deck where Eilidh sat and he pulled out a big case.
"Sixteen years ago th'day ah merrit ye mò ghràdh," he sat me down and I looked at him shocked that he still remembered it. "Ye awready gave me a daughter 'n' a freish bairn oan th' wey. It's aboot time tae return something tae ye," I opened the box and found a smaller one inside.
"What is it?" I asked and he nodded to make it open.
I opened the box and a small silver bracelet laid in it with three gemstones. One was a radiant cut emerald. The second one a oval cut Aquamarine and the third a heart cut Topaz, which was in the middle. With room for two more stones.
"Eilidh tellt me aboot birthstones. Wance th' ither bairn is born. Ah will at his stane oan it," he told me and I felt my eyes water.
"Jamie, you didn't had to do it," I whispered. "You already gave me Eilidh," I looked at our daughter. "And this one," I laid his hands down at my belly.
He smiled and placed the Bracelet around my wrist and then placed a kiss just under it. "A loue ye,"
"Ik hou ook van jou," I whispered back before planting my lips on his.

That night we slept on the river besides the protests of Jamie that it was to dangerous. But the captain was untwistable and we stayed.
In the middle of the night we woke up from rumbling on the deck and we all  sat up. And before I knew it a masked men walked in with a gun.
Jamie jumped up and forced the man out. With a sense of time I pulled my new bracelet of my wrist and my wedding band of my finger and let it drop in my corset before a new person walked in and knocked the captain out who stayed behind.
"Eilidh!" I pulled her behind me as the man walked up to me and roughly pushed me against the ships fall.
"Jamie!" I called out but I heared a grunt and I knew he was not able to help me.
"Where are the Gems?" He yelled and I froze.
"Which Gems" I asked in panic.
"You know which gems!" He roughly touched my belly and then moved higher up.
"Momma!" Eilidh called out. 'Stop that!"
"Hush little girl," he pointed the gun at her and then his hands dived in between my breast. He smiled when he felt something. Pulled his hand away and walked out.
"Momma?" Eilidh asked worriedly as I sanked down on the floor sobbing in terror.
"Skye!" Jamie roared and rushed in. "Eilidh!" He laid his hands around her face to check if she was alright and then checked me.
I still was in shock but reached into my corset and to my horror and slight relief I only pulled out the bracelet and when it hit me that took my ring I broke out in more tears than I already was.

A/n Stephen Bonnet has arrived on scene. Later Jamie while tell Skye his name and where he knows him from
I kept it short sorry, but I had no other way to introduce him and since he is kind of a major character I can't keep him out. But I kept the part out where Jamie and Claire helped him escape.
Do not fear just as in the series Skye gets her ring back and nobody is harmed during that. Maybe Stephen Bonnet himself and Fergus and/or Arabella 🙃
The idea of the bracelet came because Jamie can't give Skye a microscope so the idea of a birthstone bracelet seemed more fitting.