¤Chapter Five¤ Skye

I was almost asleep when a soft touch woke me up.
"Oi mò ghràdh. How urr ye?" Jamie asked carefully while his hand brushed out a strain of hair from my forehead. "Yer pure burnin' up wi' fever again," he noticed worried.
"It's just hot in here. Pheadra heated the fire a bit to high," my voice sounded cracked. "I'm still tired and the baby wouldn't stop moving,"
On that moment the baby moved again and kicked then hard right at my diaghrapm.
"Au shit you little," I mumbled and Jamie looked even more worried.
"Shuid ah bade 'ere? juist in trial." He suggest and I shook my head.
"Jamie your aunt is throwing this party in your celebration. You should go downstairs again," I laid my hand on his. "It was nothing he kicked, he grows out of space for the last two months,"
"He?" Jamie raised his eyebrows. "Ye aye talked aboot th' bairn. Urr ye noo sure tis a laddie?"
"Well it's definitely kicking harder than Eilidh did." I looked at him. "Just like his father."
Jamie smiled and bended over like he always did each night. "Awright thare son, tis yer faither. Ah ken tis getting cramped in thare bit yer maw is daein' her best. Shaw her some respect 'n' gie her some kip,"
I laughed and let my hand run through his red cruls. "How do you hope he looks?"
"A hud given it a fair amount o' thoughts," Jamie confessed. "Ah hawp he looks lik' ye. Broon locks, broon eyes. Yer wee hooter 'n' lips that turns intae bonny smiles that steal ilka girls heart.
But ah hawp he haes th' mynd 'n' soul o' a fraser. Pure tough 'n' a fighter. Bit kind 'n' freendly. Carrying lik' his maw."
Tears formed into my eyes and Jamie looked up. "Urr ye okay?"
"Yes Jamie," I smiled with watery eyes. "I'm so glad your here for this one. To be there when he comes to the world. Held him in your arms." I looked at the window. "I'm sad my father would never know this."
Jamie suddenly stood up. "Wait," he walked out of the room and I waited patiently for 10 minutes to come back.
"Aunt Jocasta gave it tae me tae set yersel' up th' tenants in whin we git th' land. Bit ye kin better uise it as diary fur th' future. Sae yer faither kin read it." He gave me a in leather-bound notebook. "Write everything doon whit yi'll waant tae write doon. Ah will mak' sure that he wull fun it yin day."
I looked again at Jamie this time with tears in my eyes from emotion.
"Thank you," I pressed a kiss on his lips. "Now go down your aunt is waiting,"
He pressed another kiss on my lips and then on my stomach and left.
I carefully sat up and walked towards the writing table and sat down.
Dipping my feather into the ink. I started to write down the story.

Ray Inverness 2024

With white gloves on I lifted the firts book out of the wooden box that we lifted out of the priesthole in Lallybroch.
Thomas had bought the house to keep it in the family and we where curious to figure out if Skye had left other clues.
The leather was worn and the once white paper where yellow.
"Could this be from them?" Thomas looked over my shoulder.
"Well this is also where we found the paintings," I laid the book flat on the table and opened the cover. In the most beautiful letters stood written.

𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔟𝔬𝔬𝔨 𝔦𝔰 𝔴𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔫 𝔟𝔶 𝔖𝔨𝔶𝔢 𝔐𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔦𝔫𝔢 𝔉𝔯𝔞𝔰𝔢𝔯-𝔖𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔨. 𝔄𝔰 𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔦𝔯𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔪𝔶 𝔩𝔦𝔣𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 18𝔱𝔥 𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔶.
𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔟𝔬𝔬𝔨 𝔦𝔰 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔪𝔶 𝔉𝔞𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔥𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔰 𝔚𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔪 𝔖𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔨 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔪𝔶 𝔣𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔡 ℜ𝔞𝔶 𝔐𝔞𝔠𝔑𝔞𝔟

"It's hers," Thomas laughed. "That sneaky girl always now how to find a way,"
I shook my head with a smile. "This paper is to fragile to properly read, I will type this over for you,"
I turned the next paper and saw that it started the year they had arrived in America and I took a deep breath.
Judging on the five books that was in there Skye survived for a long time. But then she had Eilidh who could continue of her other child. I was deciding to think nothing more of it and placed the book with the others.
Tonight I would begin writting over the words that was in the book to figure out what happend to them.