Chapter 13

A/N
Hey! Sorry for taking so long again, guys... :(
Well, my first reason for this would be One Direction. They came here! And I saw them!
Yipeeeee!!!
And I just started a new grade, so I'm busy adjusting to my new schedule.
Also, I just go a new phone so if there are more mistakes than usual, please don't be upset, I'm still just getting used to this phone...
Anyway, thanks for 5K+ reads, you guys are THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!
So, without much further ado, I present to you, chapter 13 ;)

***

"Winter, can I ask you something?"

"Sure." I said nonchalantly.

He stared at me with an array of emotions swirling in his eyes.

"I-" He began.

I shifted uncomfortably under his stare.

"Fùck, this is hard." He muttered.

"You know what?" He finally said. "Never mind."

He quickly whirled around to open the door to his car but I stopped him.

I grabbed his hand and turned him around to face me.

He stared at our interlocked hands and I tried to yank mine back but his strong grip prevented me from doing so.

I looked up at him to see him studying at my face intently. His dark eyes held my stare and I felt myself moving closer to him.

Suddenly, I didn't want him to let go of my hand.

What he said next was surprising, to say the least.

"Winter, will you go to homecoming with me?"

***

I stood there like an idiot for God knows how long until Archer coughed uncomfortably.

"Oh...right, sorry." I mumbled sheepishly.

"I did not expect that to be honest and-"

"Look, Winter, I know it was really sudden but-"

"Is this some kind of joke?"

Archer looked as if I had slapped him. The look of hurt was unmistakable in his dark, enigmatic eyes.

"You know what?" He seethed.
"Forget it! I knew this was a mistake." He mumbled.

As angry as he seemed, I didn't miss the hurt that had slipped into his voice.

He turned around to get back into the car and I stopped him again.

"Wait!" I cried desperately. "I'm sorry, Archer! I didn't mean it like that, it's just that," I sighed, "I didn't think you liked me like that..."

This time Archer breathed out a sigh.
Grabbing my chin in his hands, he tipped my face upwards to face his.

"Look at me, Winter."

Looking up at him, I could see the sincerity shining in his eyes as he spoke his next words.

"I really care about you, Winter. You hear me? I would never joke about that."

His words warmed my heart and made my stomach feel all fluttery inside.

A shiver went down my spine as he pushed a lock of my hair off my face.

"So, I'll ask this just once more. If you say no, I won't bother you again."

His voice was nervous and hopeful.