Chapter Three

Leo's POV

The truth is, when Alice was a baby, the King and Queen decided to send her to the human realm to keep her safe. Word had spread of the strongest pixie princess that was to rule over us someday. There were attacks to our kingdoms. So many pixies were either killed by werewolves or taken hostage by those bastard warlocks and witches. The warlocks and witches could move between the two realms, but the werewolves were stuck in the human realm. So no one could figure out how the werewolves were able to get to our realm. Obviously it had to have been the warlocks' doing.

The King and Queen had enchanted her so that nothing bad could happen to her for 18 years.  They thought that would be plenty of time to build back what they could and then bring her back home.  Today has been great to be in the human realm and at a real school, but I've got to stay focused on my mission; to tell her the truth and bring her back. She is the princess of the pixies and is to be married to me and rule over all of the pixie kingdom. She was even more beautiful than I imagined. I can't wait to get her alone.
...
With the help of a little magic I was able to swap my schedule around to have all of the same classes as her.  But that wasn't enough, I needed to get her alone.  Especially away from Ava.  There was just something about that girl that didn't sit right with me.  I wasn't upset in the least when she stormed out of the lunch room. 

"So what do you do for fun?"  I asked Alice, but she seemed lost in thought.  "Alice?"

"Huh?" She replied.  "I'm sorry.  What did you say?"

"I asked what do you do for fun."  I replied.

"Oh. Um. Not much.  I like to read and hang out with Ava."  She said. 

"What do you like to read about?" I asked.

"Fiction.  Fairy tales.  Werewolves."  She said.

"Dirty muts."  I muttered. 

"What did you say?" She asked.  "Are you really offended by fictional creatures?"

"Just those." I said.  "I am a fan of fairies and pixies."

"Mmkay." She said unamused.

Boy this is going to be harder than I thought. 
...
Alice's POV

I am not one for small talk.  So I was relieved when the bell rang signaling that lunch was over and we had a few minutes to get to our next class.  This day is almost over thank goodness. I need a break from Leo. I mean he isn't bad looking. He's actually kind of cute. "What am I thinking?" I scolded myself in my head.

Finally, my last class was study hall. I got a pass to go to the library. I needed some quiet time. I found a seat in the back corner of the library and lost myself in a book.

Once the bell rang, I put my book in my bag and made my way to the parking lot. I spotted Ava at her Jeep. She looked angry. She was talking to someone. Heaven help whoever pissed her off and has to deal with her wrath. She looked at me and went wide eyed.

"Hey, everything ok?" I said. I was still a few parking spots away from her when I was stopped dead in my tracks. The most beautiful man I had ever seen stepped from behind the Jeep and looked at me. 

He stared at me so intensely and finally said,"Ava, get me out of here. Now!"  And they got in the Jeep and drove off. 

And I just stood there.  And then it hit me.  Ava was my ride home.  So now what am I supposed to do.  About that time I hear Leo.  "Hey, do you need a ride?"  He asked. 

I look over to see him in a black Tesla.  "Um.  Yeah.  Why not." I replied and got into the passenger seat.  The ride was silent besides the directions I gave him to get to my house.  It was odd because he had talked all day, but I wasn't going to complain.  Once we made it to my house, I thanked him for the ride and went inside.  My parents weren't home yet so I just went straight upstairs to my room. 

I plopped onto my bed and pulled out my phone and text Ava. 
< What in the actual fuck was that?  You just left me!">

After awhile I checked my phone.  It showed that she read my text, but never replied.  What is up with her?  Did it have something to do with that guy?  He was beautiful.  In the most manly way, of course.  He was the perfect example of tall, dark, and handsome.