XXIV. Cake on my wedding day

Beau's Regards A relic to remember Poetry by seomins

Beau's Regards
A relic to remember

Poetry by seomins

━━━ ❃ ━━━

Cake on my wedding day

I.
My student! My muse, my novice! Oh my goodness, you've come back! How have you been, have you been practicing your baking? Have you solved the problem of the emotionally manipulative confectioner in your fridge? He was a damaged one, wasn't he... pre-pubescent and broken. Chiffon? More like, chifflop! HAHAHA! Talk about crumbling beyond repair! Damn, Willy Wonka really did us in.

II.
I have wonderful news that could either put a smile on your face or mock you into utter silence. Hold my hands now, brace yourself! Are you ready? One... two... three...

I'M GETTING MARRIED!

And I want you to—wait, don't make that face at me, Sulky McSulkson! Does this opportunity, this spoonfed endeavor to earn moolah not pique your interest? Does it not tickle your tastebuds? Fluster your fondants?

Oh.

I'm sorry. I forgot you've already fallen out of love. So far out that you forgot what it even is, and since your graduation, you hadn't seen a single instance of it. No, this is not okay. I was your teacher before I became a fiancé. I will, nay, I shall make this right. I got you, my dear.

III.
I talked to my wife-to-be. Chin up, It's already been greenlit. 

I'm giving you full permission to trash my wedding. :)

And the best part is that your job won't change a thing. You'll be making my wedding cake, and you'll be making it your way. The most womanly way, the most unapologetic way! See, now you're talking! And wow, you're talking LOADS, huh? Elegant, white ripples adorned by the layer. A cake stand higher than my in-laws' superiority complex—yes, give their pastry-shaped gowns marathons for their money! Marathons, I tell you!

IV.
Just when you think your work here is done, it's not. It's missing one last thing. Hand-in-hand with the scarlet sweetness ensconced in its very purity, atop a flourishing skyscraper, the most vivacious cake with the brightest, most tasteful sheen, is you—my best and baddest, and the reddest woman this city's ever seen.

Yes, the rose bouquet is yours.

You've come so far.

I'm so proud of you.

━━━ ❃ ━━━

By Andrea GP.