XXI. Gabriela's craft store

Beau's Regards A relic to remember Poetry by seomins

Beau's Regards
A relic to remember

Poetry by seomins

━━━ ❃ ━━━

#AbanteBabae

━━━ ❃ ━━━

Gabriela's craft store

My dear woman,

There's this new art shop down the street that just opened the day after you turned 16. If it isn't so much trouble, I hope you can drop by after class, whenever you can. It's the little, red-bricked shed with a pastel pink roof beside school—you can't miss it.

Remember what I taught you, stepping into the art shop.

Remember what I told you to buy and hold and feel and play with.

Treasure chests of letters, each one bold in thickness and donning the weight of a nation's protests.

Increments of history demystified, on the colors of battles, bloodshed, and the brave.

Notes on etiquette—love thy neighbor as thy voices, thou shalt always put truths on full volume.

Decks brimming with blank canvases as far as the naked eye can see, just waiting to be filled with lines drawn and held.

Images of the clearest skies—void of tyrannic reins, augmented with elated cries of liberation that are music to our ears, and

Gratification, lots of it, sheer satisfaction in the power of the materials now in your hands, gazing up at you as you peer down at them, starry-eyed as the heroes who once owned these cherished memorabilia and brought them to justice.

Now, it's your turn.

And when the old geezer at the counter asks you what you'll use all those "child's play props" for, you answer?

"A revolution."

Very good, anak.

"That's my daughter right there."

From Inay, with love.

━━━ ❃ ━━━

By Andrea GP.