XIV. the lady in the freezer

Beau's Regards A relic to remember Poetry by seomins

Beau's Regards
A relic to remember

Poetry by seomins

━━━ ❃ ━━━

TW // harassment, trauma.

━━━ ❃ ━━━

the lady in the freezer

the lady in the freezer is ensconced in smoke that is the glacial halo of Her home. She has forgotten what living is, ready to mourn Her death without making a sound. She is safe now, you remember the voice of Her lord. one with the cold's eternal embrace. She stares at you with the same wonder you ever-so generously give Her, your mind running laps around guesses on what Her first word could be upon melting. hello, thank you, i love you, farewell—the possibilities come in swarms until you see the first tear She sheds, firm as the fate She is trapped in.

the lady in the freezer falls. you catch Her. your arms envelope her chilling frame. She does not defrost. but your clothes are soaked and your heart starts to race at the first sign of Her life. your garments clear, enough to bear the unspoken map of your living, breathing body. you two are no different, for you are now as transparent as Her. but you fear you cannot do the same if She, too, had a beating heart.

the lady in the freezer needs to melt. She needs heat. energy. light. She needs warmth that She has searched for and never found. asked for and never gotten. loved and never loved back. She needs the candle's flame that scorches Her soul in gentle caresses.

you bring the lady in the freezer to Her room. you place Her delicately onto Her bed, facing the windows that frame the first crack of dawn. streaks of yellow swirl around the sky's weary lilac. they resemble the dents and engravings on the icicles that veil Her longing.

sunup is upon Her. increments of a fever bubble up inside Her, and soon, She shall dance her first waltz to Her first heartbeat (to which you have borne witness).

the lady in the freezer starts melting. and as tear-shaped jewels trickle down her body. some even shimmer against her dark, dampened locks. and as She melts, She remembers.

the lady in the freezer remembers how Her lord closed her windows and did not make a sound. She remembers no smiles, no mercy, no life before the seconds you bestowed upon Her.

She remembers movement that covered her body cold. She remembers the days She had spent seeing no sun, no moon, no stars. She remembers the bruises that had healed in the blast—black, to purple, to blue. but the first thing She remembers when She wakes up is you.

━━━ ❃ ━━━

By Andrea GP.