Part 11

A week passed by soon and Cole told me Neil is coming tomorrow. I was excited, afraid, happy, sad all emotions in one to meet him. I am not sure when I see him after a year how will I react or how will he behave with me but I had my emotions about meeting him all over the place. 

Today he is invited for dinner at Nick's place. Nick's parents are really cool and they adore me a lot too. Hence Cole being shy around them is dragging me with him to their place for dinner.

Here we are on the door of Nick's house ringing the door-bell. Soon the door opened and Nick hugged Cole. Before they have their make out session on the door, I went in being tired of always seeing them all lovely dovely.

I wished uncle and aunt "Good evening uncle aunt!" They smiled at me and aunt asked me "Don't tell me they started their make out session on my door?"

I nodded and his mom shouted "Get here you two before I call of your wedding myself." God his mom can give best threats she has always been so cool since I met her.

The two ran in and Nick finally greeted me. I ignored him and was talking to aunt. Aunt told us "We will eat dinner in sometime Neil is on his way, he just landed thirty minutes ago. In mean time you want something to drink?"

We shook our head and everyone was talking about wedding preparation. Aunt said "I will get the table ready you all talk."

She got up and was about to leave when I stood up and told her "I will help you too." She nodded and I followed her in.

As we entered kitchen, she gave instructions to the maids and was heating up something. I asked her "Aunt can I ask you something?"

She nodded and I asked her "You love Cole as much as Nick and Neil. You adore their relationship so in beginning why were you and uncle reluctant?"

She laughed and asked me "Even after so many months you did not understand me? I thought you were the smartest and would understand me."

I shook my head and she told me "We were testing their love, whether they were actually ready to go to any length for their love, whether they were ready to face challenges together. I mean I know they were together for four years but that was just the start and they never had any difficulties I wanted to see how will they face difficulties together."

I smiled at her reason and asked her "Did they passed your test then?"

She nodded and told me "They indeed passed. When Nick was depressed about us not supporting, Cole found ways to make him happy with small things he did. Now I am only worried about Neil."

I just nodded; she is so nice. At first, I did not like her for not accepting Cole and Nick's relationship but soon as we started to meet more often, she became family and she considered me like a daughter she never had.

She was as crazy as me about shopping and once in a month we went shopping together. She was like a second mother to Cole and me.

We were talking when the bell rang and aunt said "Neil might be here." She went out and I followed her. I saw Neil hugging his father, then Nick and Cole.

He saw his mother and hugged her. While hugging her his eyes were on me and mine were on his until I heard Nick talking to Reese.

I was shocked and Neil introduced her "Mom this is my friend Reese; she will be staying here tonight like I informed you."

His mother greeted Reese and then she told everyone to join for dinner.

Aunt has made everyone's favorite dish. For me chicken pasta, for Cole Pizza, Nick Burger and Neil Taco.

She told Reese "I did not know what you like I hope you may like something I prepared."

Reese said "I am okay with salad, I am on diet because of my upcoming project. I am sorry aunty I promise next time I visit I will eat everything you have prepared."

The whole time I was quiet, aunt just smiled and everyone kept talking about random things but mostly marriage.

After dinner aunt told us "There are brownies and chocolate ice cream. Who wants its? Chole there is Co-co pastry for you I ordered it as you love it."

Neil asked his mother "Why are you giving special treatment to her?" His mom ignored him and said "You kids play until I get your desserts. Neil for you I have made Nutella brownies I hope you like your favorite brownies."

God aunt is so sassy sometimes. Neil asked to no one in particular "What is wrong with mom?"

Nick suggested we play ticket to ride and as Reese did not know the game she was in Neil's team. I don't know what was wrong with Neil but all through the game he kept on blocking my paths purposely.

I angrily dismissed the game and went in the kitchen. Aunt was cleaning the kitchen with the help of maids and I asked her "Aunt you need help?"

She shook her head and said "I was about to bring your desserts. Your game ended so soon?"

I shook my head and sadly told her "Neil and his girlfriend were purposely blocking my way. I don't know what his problem is but he is acting weird."

Aunt nodded and said "I have noticed it too. I did not know she was his girlfriend. I don't approve this relationship."

She then went out with desserts and gave everyone what they had asked except for Reese. Aunt asked Neil "Is she your girlfriend?"

Neil looked at me and then said "Yes! She is my girlfriend and I plan to marry her soon."

Aunt said "I don't approve of her and just for tonight she can stay here. Tomorrow I don't want to see her at my home with my family."

Neil angrily asked "Who is your family? Her?" Pointing towards me and continued "She is the only outsider here and when I marry Reese, she will be family so stop treating her like this."

Uncle for the first time said "Chole is our daughter which we never had and dare you talk to your mom or Chole like this ever. I will never allow anyone disrespecting my two favorite girls."

Neil was about to say something when Cole said "Aunt and Uncle we will leave now. I don't care whatever anyone here thinks of my sister but I won't allow anyone hurting here."

By now I was already crying. I saw Neil punch a wall near him and Nick dragging him in while Cole and I left.

All the way back Cole apologized for dragging me with him and I told him I am okay. I tried my best to stay calm.

At night even Nick called and apologized. That night I again went to bed crying.

All I could think of was what did I even do to make Neil hate me so much. Where was the Neil who was always funny and making me laugh? Even if he would have ignored me, I would have been fine but using those harsh words were too much for me to take in.