Part 35

Neil's Pov:

I was on my way to airport. I am so happy to go to NYC. Finally after a week I will see my beautiful pregnant wife. I am surprising her by going two days earlier.

I texted her.
N: Baby!
N: Hey!
N: I kissed you
N: missed*
N: fuck I wish I kissed you.

Immediately she called me and I answered.

N: Hey baby how are you doing?

C: I am baby's mom.

N: I know baby you are our baby's mom. What happened to you? Are you sick? Why is your voice sounding so heavy? Are you crying?

C: Allen you fool! I am Chole's mom and she has gone for a bath.

Mom! God this girl, she did not lock her phone or what. Shit what should I do. I guess it's time.

N: Aunt it's me Neil! Sorry she saved it as Allen 2.

Emma Aunt: Neil! As in Neil Gray? Nick's brother? What did you mean by our baby? I knew looking at her when she came she was glowing and her breast size was a bit larger. I ignored thinking maybe in LA she gained weight.

N: I am sorry aunt you are finding this way. We both were planning to tell you all as soon as I come to New York.

E: Meet me as soon as you come back. I want to talk to you before you meet Chole and before you tell others. When are you coming ?

N: Aunt I am on my way and I will meet you as soon as I land. You tell me the place and I will be there. I will reach by evening 5 pm.

E: Meet me near your home. The small Mike's café. Don't tell Chole about it.

I agreed to her and then disconnected the call. All the way I was stressed. God I hope her mother approves of us. What will she say when she finds out we are already married?

As soon as I landed I texted aunt to let her know I will reach in an hour. I was so tired but all my tiredness right now was replaced with nervousness.

When I reached the café aunt was already there. I greeted her "Good Afternoon aunt how are you?"

She saw up from her phone and said "I am good! Please sit down you may be tired. I am sorry I made you come here directly but knowing my daughter she will want all your attention as soon as she will meet you and we can't meet like this after that."

I sat and laughed. I told her "Yes, she can be at times be like that." She told me "I will get to the point as I am sure you may be tired."

I just nodded and she continued "Years ago when you had come to my daughter's room at night I heard your conversation and that night I saw Chole cry so much for first time. She was badly hurt. I gave her space but she was never the same happy Chole. She always looked lost. Last time she was home I was so happy to see her all smiling and back to her old teen self. That night when we came to your place for BBQ when she dressed up like that I just thought in LA she found someone and finally moved on. But when I saw you wearing same color dress, both of you exchanging glances I knew you two had something going on and let her be like that because she was happy. Right now I just want to know who is your priority? What will you do if Cole never supports you? You did leave her last time for Cole's friendship."

I honestly replied to her "I was a fool back then, I was not as mature as I am now. For me my peer circle was more important I guess. But now all I want is a family, you know now that we are expecting and so even if both our families our against us, we will leave from here and live happily in LA hoping one day you all will accept us. This time I am not going to leave her or let her leave me. She and our child are my happiness and that's all matter."

She nodded and asked me "What is with the ring you are wearing? Are you married?" Why am I such a fool, how could I forget to remove a ring when Chole reminded me so many times to wear it around my neck.

I did not wanted to lie so again told her the truth "A week before Chole came here we had a court marriage with just our friends. We plan to have a grand wedding after our child is born, with our family present. Chole wants a big wedding and she has many plans for it. So for it we will have to wait until our baby is here."

Her mom nodded and told me "If she is happy and you promise to never hurt my baby again then welcome to the family. I am sure James will be giving you warnings and threats but at the end for Chole's happiness we will accept you. I won't tell anyone until you both tell others."

I promised her "Thank you so much aunt! I promise to never hurt Chole." She just smiled and told me "Call me mom like Nick! Now go and rest, see you in the evening for dinner at your place."

I asked her "What dinner?" She told me "Your mother invited us for a dinner at your place. She kept some kind of get together as you have come back home."

I nodded and after bidding good bye left. I as soon as sat in the car called Chole.

C: I am too pissed! I was calling you like a mad person and you just called me back. What if it was urgent and something might have happened to me? I called Allen, Alex and finally Reese who told me you are on your way to NYC.

N: Sorry baby! But I knew you were at home and resting. I had to meet someone as soon as I landed.

C: Who was more important then me? Get your priorities straight Mr. I think you should have first thought of me and your baby.

N: I always think about you and our baby. Anyways Wifey I was meeting your mom. When you were bathing I had texted you and she read and called me. She found out about us being pregnant and now when I met her I may have told her we are married.

C: You fool! You should have told me. What did she say? Why did she not confronted me first?

N: She was making sure I don't hurt you. Now out of six people in family we have two on our side. Now the only people left our my parents, Cole and your dad. I was scared but she is so amazing. Anyways she heard us talk years ago when I came to your room on your birthday.

C: Really?

N: Yes, she told me she wanted to give you space and time so she never confronted you.

C: Okay! Anyways we are meeting in evening at your place for dinner. Its just a dinner between both our families. I guess it's right time to tell everyone.

N: As you say! It's better if we tell them tonight and be over with it. At least then I get to stay beside you and my child tonight.

C: Our child!

N: Minutes ago when you were angry you said the child was just mine.

C: I never said that and you better stop testing a pregnant woman's patience, unless you don't want to sleep on the couch for a month.

N: Okay sorry! Anyways I have reached home. See you in the evening beautiful.

C: Bye!