Part 1

Finally Winter breaks are here and like every year I am shopping for Christmas gifts for my family.

Every year I have to attend a boring family gathering at my grandparents place in Ohio. We are leaving today for Ohio and as usual I am fucking late.

I was in a hurry as I had to reach home by 4 pm. I was almost done just needed a perfect handbag for my mom and here I am at Coach store looking for it. I had a discount voucher of Coach and wanted to redeem it.

I selected the bag and went for billing. As it was festive season the shop was too busy. I passed my phone for redeeming the voucher to the sale person and paid using mom's credit card. Then I took back my phone from the counter and rushed out.

Anyways I am Chole Lopez. I just turned 18 last week and this is my last year of school after which I will be in college. My father James Lopez and mother Emma Lopez own an Italian restaurant chain in US.

I drove home as fast as possible, skipping red lights. I reached home, hoping my mom does not notice me coming. But my luck was so bad that mom saw me and scolded "Chole how can you always be so late! What if we miss our flight because you were not ready on time?"

I rolled my eyes and casually stated "I am all ready, even if we have to leave this moment I am ready mom. But why can't we stay home and celebrate why do we always go to Ohio?"

Mom told me "Its always fun to celebrated with family. Everyone in family are at different part of the world but for Christmas we all meet and enjoy." Like really.

My grandparents have 6 kids including my dad. Two daughters and four sons like really! What were they thinking while giving birth to so many of them.

I laughed sarcastically and told mom "More like bitch about each other! I so don't like all this gathering. Everyone is interested in showing off!" Actually no one actually get along with each other.

Mom again scolded me "I won't tolerate this behavior of yours. When we are there I want you to talk and greet everyone properly."

I was going to reply mom when I heard a phone ring. But it was neither mom's or mine ringtone. But it was vibrating in my pocket. I removed it and saw an unknown no. and answered "Hello!"

U: Hello! Whose this?

C: You called me! So you tell me who are you?

U: I did not call you, I called on my phone which you answered so you better tell me who are you.

C: If its you Eric, I will kill you. Stop prank calling. I have to leave in fifteen minutes and my mom is already lecturing me.

I saw my mom looking at me angrily. She never really liked my friends specially Eric. We have been childhood friends but as we grew up Eric became a troublesome person. My mother things we are going out and we let her believe it to irritate her more.

U: Dude have you lost it. Just check the phone! Its mine.

I checked the phone, it was black cover and model was I-phone 11. Surely mine!

C: Nope its mine, black I-phone 11 with a plain black apple cover.

U: Many people have the same phone with same cover. I have yours and inside your phone cover is a note, which I think is the one you were passing in the class. It reads as Eric lets get the fuck out of this class I am so fucking hungry. Can we leave. And then his reply I told you it was a bad idea to attend the class. And the talk goes on.

I realized I did keep one of the notes in my phone cover and checked the phone I was using. Shit it really was not mine. This phone was blue I-phone.

C: Oh shit! I am so sorry. Can you come over at my place in 10 minutes or at airport in 50 minutes. I have to leave or I will miss my flight.

My mom was eyeing me the whole time while telling the maids to bring our bags down.

U: Where do you stay?

C: I am at Queens.

U: I am sorry! I have almost reached Brooklyn and won't be able to make it in time to either of the place.

C: Then what can we do?

U: Why don't you transfer all the calls on my phone to this number from which I have called and I will transfer all your calls to my number or any other number?

C: But what about personal data on our phones?

U: You don't see mine and I will not see yours simple. Just save this number in my phone as Neil 2 and Neil 1 is my original number which you are using right now.

C: Okay! I will text you my password from an alternate number on which you can transfer my calls and then you text me your password so I could do the same. Bye! I need to rush now.

Before he could reply I disconnected the call and ran into my room before mom could scold me. Dad was down by now and mom was complaining to dad about me being careless.

I changed as soon as possible and made my way down. We left soon!

We were on our way with mom scolding me and dad trying to stop our fight, which is like our everyday routine.

I so miss my snapchat if I had my phone I could update every details. I will buy an extra phone not too expensive as soon as we reach airport. I had kept my extra sim with me which Eric and I used for prank calling people.

At airport I bought a new phone and started updating and installing it. I added my sim and saved my original number. Then I installed WhatsApp, snapchat and Instagram.

I then called on my number. Neil immediately answered.

N: Hello?

C: Hey! It's me Chole. I forgot to take your number or password so I could not unlock your phone or text you. Anyways this is my number for the time being. Can you unlock my phone and tell me an OTP for WhatsApp? The code is 97531.

N: Sure! I will text you in a minute. My phone code is 3112. Transfer the calls on the number I have called you earlier from. Anyways when are you coming back?

C: 30th December!

N: Oh! I am not in city from 29th December to 2nd January. I am going to Vegas for New Year's Eve.

C: Okay then we can meet on 3rd no issues!

N: Okay then enjoy your vacations! Text me my WhatsApp OTP too please.

C: Okay! Bye you enjoy too!

With that we disconnected the call and he had send me the OTP and I did the same.

While we were waiting I was done setting up of my new phone. I so wish my mom will no further drag this topic more.

I love my mom, it's just that she always scolds me and I argue back. But we know that is our way of showing love for each other. I love to fight with her and I am pretty sure she finds it more entertaining then me.

Finally we boarded and here begins my usual boring Christmas vacations. Luckily my parents have New Year plans with their friends and I can enjoy with mine. I just hope this 7 days pass by soon.

While I was about to put my phone on Airplane mode I got a new text from Neil "Happy Journey Chole!" I texted back "Thank you!" then turned on the airplane mode.