Part 2

We just landed in Ohio and for us waited my elder brother the only person who can keep me sane whole week.

I found him waiting at the entrance, ran towards him and jumped on him shouting "Cole I missed you so much."

He hugged me and said "I missed you too little one!" He then put me down and greeted our parents. He hugged them and then we all made our way towards the car.

I asked Cole "Why did you bring so many bags? It looks like you are shifting here at Ohio."

He laughed and told me "Now I can tell you about the surprise I have been saying since last month."

I asked him "Right I completely forgot about it! What was the big news you said you will tell me when we meet?"

He kept our bags in the car and told me "I am moving back to USA!"

My elder brother is 26 and moved to London for work. We have always been close to each other and the only reason I come to this gatherings is because that's the only time we get to meet each other, because other then that he is mostly too busy to come to USA.

We sat in and I asked him "When and where? I am so excited now we can meet more often. Where ever you are moving I will come visit you during Summer breaks."

He pulled my cheeks and said "How cute! Then I guess you applied for college outside New York."

I shook my head and said "Seeing my marks do you think any good college would take me in? I am staying at NYC."

Mom commented "I am pretty sure her and her so called boy friend Eric will never make it to college."

I rolled my eyes, dad and Cole laughed. Cole told mom "Mom you still believe Eric is her boyfriend? He is more like a brother to her, she had been messing with you."

Mom asked me "Is it true?" I laughed too this time and said "Mom! Eric and I think of each other as siblings. You assumed our relationship and we played you. Dad and Cole knew and they made me lie to you."

I blamed it on dad and Cole knowing mom will not just be pissed at me.

Cole commented "Traitor!" Mom angrily said "I am never forgiving any of you."

We all laughed and I asked Cole "Anyways where are you shifting?"

Cole told me "NYC! I am moving back. I will now be staying at home with you all."

I screamed in happiness and mom dad laughed and mom told Cole "I told you she will scream like a child but you said she grew up."

Cole gave mom 100 bucks and told me "Yet again I lose because of you." I told him "You should have told me about the bet and I would have not shouted."

After talking for another hour we were finally at my grandparents place. We greeted everyone and went to our room to get ready for dinner.

I checked my phone and there were many messages on my WhatsApp. I did not open the group message.

I opened Eric's first "Dude what the hell! I just heard from a Neil guy that you had swapped your phone with him. Call me when possible."

I replied "Yes! I told you to come with me for shopping but you were too busy hooking up. It is all your fault. Anyways I will call you tonight after dinner."

Second was Sage my other friend from school. She texted me "Hey girl! We are planning to go to Vegas! Can you join us on 30th? Eric said if you are coming then only he will come. It is a last minute plan."

I replied "I will have to ask my parents. I will tell you by tomorrow morning. Who else is in?"

Then was Neil's message "Hey a boy named Eric called while I was trying to transfer the call. He kept calling and I was unable to transfer so I answered and told him about the phone swap thing. I hope its okay with you."

I saw his profile picture of WhatsApp. It was of a boy near a beach in just his shorts. He looked hot and looked in his mid twenty's.

I replied him back "Sure no problem! He is always like that, you can't ignore him. I hope he did not say any bad or mean things?"

He instantly replied "Nope! He did not say anything bad! So you reached Ohio?"

C: Yes! I reached unfortunately.

N: Why unfortunately? Aren't you supposed to be happy when on vacation?

C: I am not on vacation but an extended family gathering. I don't get along with half of my cousins.

N: I can understand! My best friend has been dealing with the same situation. He was being grumpy about it for the whole month but he went there for his sibling and then we are off to Vegas.

C: My friends are also making last minutes plan for New Year at Vegas maybe we can exchange our phones sooner if I get to go to Vegas.

N: Why will you not be able to go to Vegas?

C: I am not sure my parents will allow me to go. But I will ask them.

N: Or you can make a deal with them. Earlier you said your mom was scolding you when I called you and you assumed me to be Eric. Well I guess she might be scolding you to get along with everyone am I right?

C: Wow! Are you psychic? She did scold me for that. But how can I make a deal?

N: Ask your mom to let you go to Vegas and you will behave and be nice to everyone. I used to do it when I was a teen. Anyways I guess you are a teen?

C: I just turned 18 last month what about you?

N: I am 25, turning 26 on 31st December.

C: Wow I hope I could return you your phone before you turn 26.

Cole snatched my phone and read the text. He asked me "Why the fuck are you chatting with a 26 year old and how did you meet him?"

I scolded him "You know you should give me some privacy. Why did you snatch my phone?"

He said "As if! I always use your phone and what kind of phone are you using? Where is your I phone?"

I told him the whole phone swap thing and he laughed.

A new message blinked and Cole and I read it together "I hope you get to enjoy your New Year in Vegas."

Cole gave me my phone back without checking anything. He asked me "Vegas?"

I told him "A friend just texted few minutes ago that they all are planning a last minute trip to Vegas. All I need is permission from mom."

He nodded and asked me "You think mom will allow you to go?"

I shook my head and told him "I will make a deal with her. I will tell her I will behave well around everyone here in exchange of letting me go and if she does not let me go I will cause trouble."

Cole laughed and said "I knew you would do something like this. Don't worry I am going to Vegas from here too, just tell mom dad you are going with me. They will allow you to go."

I hugged him and said "You are the best brother."