Chapter 7: The True First Date

En başından başla

"Gym Leader huh? Well I bet you showed her how awesome you are" Serena said.

"Yeah...I sure did" Ash smiled with a sweatdrop. Ash decided to change the subject slightly.

"Hey uh, Serena?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you possibly wanna go to the festival together?"

Serena beamed at his question.

"I'd love to!"

Ash smiled. "Then its a date then!" Upon realizing what he said, Ash blushed. He saw Serena doing the same. That's when they both realized something they already should have. They haven't been on an official date yet! But then again, they haven't exactly had the best opportunities to have one, but they can make up for it now.

"O-Ok, its a d-date" Serena said.

Delia giggled as she watched her son and her future daughter-in-law talk.

After breakfast, Ash decided to do some training with Pikachu and Greninja before he and Serena headed out. Serena decided to brainstorm ideas for future performances. She sat on the front porch with a notebook and pen, all of her Pokemon sitting beside her. She was scribbling stuff down until she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned to see Delia looking at her.

"Oh, hello Mrs. Ketchum, is something wrong?"

"Well for starters, call me Delia, Mrs. Ketchum makes me sound old. And also come with me for second."

Serena was confused but followed Delia back into the house. After a little more training Ash noticed the time and decided to stop for today.

"Great work you guys, take a rest now."

Pikachu and Greninja nodded and went to sit down next to their respective girlfriends.

"Alright, guess I should get ready then. But where's Serena?" Ash looked around but didn't see her.

"Oh, Ash!"

Upon hearing his mother's voice, he turned to see her standing in the doorway.

"Hey mom, have you seen Serena?"

Delia looked to her left and nodded. A moment later, Serena came into view. She was wearing a light pink sundress with a red bow around her waist, black leggings and black and pink boots, a pearl bracelet on her right arm, a little necklace hung down her neck, her blue ribbon was tied to her hair. Ash was utterly speechless, he couldn't even begin to process who beautiful she looked right now. He slowly walked up to her.

"H-How do I look?" She asked anxiously.

Once Ash finally processed what he was seeing, he finally spoke.

"You look...so beautiful Serena" he said lovingly.

This made Serena blush and gave him a smile that pretty much said everything. Delia decided to cut in.

"See? I knew he would love it Serena. By the way, you should get ready too Ash."

"Huh? Oh! Right! I-I'll be right back!" He ran up to his room to grab a fresh pair of clothes. He returned a few minutes later. He was wearing a black and red short sleeved jacket over a black undershirt, black jeans and his shoes he wore in Unova, he also wore a hat that was similar in design to the hat he wore when he started his journey.

"My don't you look handsome sweetie" Delia said. Ash chuckled as he rubbed his finger across his nose.

Although it was originally going to be just the two of them, Ash and Serena both agreed that they would ask Pikachu and Greninja and Delphox and Sylveon if they wanted to come too, which they agreed. So the three couples left Pallet Town and made their way to Celadon City. After exiting the train station they were met with decorations and food stands and everything else you would expect from a festival. They all did a bunch of things throughout, mostly festival games. They stopped by a few food stalls and ate, and even bought one of those charms that they give out at typical festivals. Everything was going great until the sky started to grow orange. A man came up to the center stage and tapped a microphone.