Sidestory 2 part 2/4: From Otome To 18+ Eroge| Rough Edition

Rachel
A Heated Workout

*Clang Clang Clash!*

Robin: "Rachel, you keep making the same mistakes. You can't focus on one enemy, you must be aware of your surroundings at all times." He says as he watches at the edge of the clearing as his scarf attacks me from several angles.

Rachel: "Tch, I-I'm trying, Hup! *Clang* my hardest." I say between parries and blocks, before shortly getting struck in the back.

Robin's attacks don't hurt all that much, yet they still feel really heavy whenever I block or parry them. His scarf, or Scarfy rather, is just amazing.

Robin: "Your hardest won't do if this were a real battle, you'd be cut down in mere moments if this is all you have to offer." He says flatly, never slowing down his attacks. "You can't stay in one place when you're up against a swarm of enemies, they'll surround you and kill your with ease. So either cut yourself a path or move your back to a wall, that way you can focus on what's in front of you." He instructs me.

His advice made sense, but in this small clearing in the forest there wasn't much space for me to move. I've thought of this several times already, we've been doing this for the better part of two hours now after all.

But not much has changed since I've made my request to have Robin train me. After how poorly I did against Leticia, I need to be stronger if I'm ever going to be the greatest knight in the kingdom.

With those thoughts in mind, I felt a second wind coming up. My whole body gets a little lighter and the whole world gets a little slower.

I spot spot my target through the swarm of scarf swords and I bend my legs a little before tightly gripping my sword that Robin has gifted me.

I keep my eyes wide open and take a deep breath. Upon exhale, I dash and create a path through his scarf, leaving nothing but ribbons in its path.

I go far enough to even attempt to attack Robin, which has been the goal the whole time. But the place Robin once was, and the place I had my sword pointed was empty, only the tree that he was leaning on.

I jolt when I feel something press against the back of my neck.

Robin: "Bang." He says flatly, lifting his finger off of my neck. "You died, you need to be aware of everything remember?" He asks with a flat sigh.

I take a deep breath and sheathe my sword, turning to face my current teacher.

Rachel: "I don't have the same senses you have Robin, it is very difficult for me to 'be aware' of my surroundings at all times." I say in a pointed tone, knowing that Robin uses the shift in the mana particles around him to sense his surroundings.

He just looks at me blankly and I realize this is the first time I've ever talked back at Robin, I was frustrated, which is very unusual for me. I've cultivated my calm aura and knightly aura to almost perfection, but whenever I'm near Robin it feels like all of that composure training goes out the window.

I glance downwards, ashamed for telling Robin off after being the one who asked him to come out here for me.

Rachel: "I'm sorry Robin, I'm just frustrated about-"