Ch 19: How To Love

Robin POV -Inside The Dungeon

Second Chance, an item, as the name suggests, gives you a second chance when in a dire situation. I hope to never have to use it but I can never be too cautious.

I stand in front of it and steel myself, let the trial begin.

The moment I reach out for it I'm transported into an empty white space that seems to extend indefinitely. I begin to fear that I'm about to wake up in a new body again.

That's when I hear an ethereal voice begin to speak to me.

???: "Who are you to touch a relic belonging to the grandmage himself?" The voice speaks in an authoritative and feminine voice. "Are you here to steal what remains of his memory?" She speaks accusingly.

I look around for the voice but find no one. Unable to move from my spot I can only respond to her question.

Robin: "I didn't know there was a guardian connected to this item, I apologize for intruding." I say bowing apologetically, it's best to be polite right?

Though it doesn't speak verbally, I sense her surprise.

Robin: "I don't mean to steal anything from you, but I do want this relic." I say flatly.

Suddenly I feel her anger, and it's suffocating. This must must be how my pressure feels like.

Robin: "So I'm willing to go through any trial you give me." I manage to choke out.

As my words leave my mouth the pressure subsides.

???: "So you know about the trial." She says calmly.

I cough and gasp for air then raise my head.

Robin: "Yes, I do. And I'm not leaving until I complete it and claim the relic." I say flatly.

An eerie silence rises in this space of pure white and I'm stuck looking at a white emptiness.

???: "If you know that this item has a trial then I assume you know the name of it." She says as the gold four point star pin appears in front of me.

Robin: "Second Chance." I answer flatly.

???: "Correct, and with its name comes it's meaning of creation." The voice says wistfully. "The reason people wish for second chances are because of their regrets, and this relic of the past was made out of a maiden's selfish yet pure desire. Shall you overcome the trial, I will grant you this relic. Are you ready?"

Was I? None of this information was ever told in the game, not even this story. But from this one piece of the what she told me I knew what I could expect.

And I was nervous.

Robin: "Yes." I answer flatly.

???: "I wish you luck." She says in earnest.

Then I blink, and am transported to a home that feels way too nostalgic and familiar. Unfortunately, I'm unable to make out the details of my past life's home.

Shadows outline every inch of my home and I feel dull, I've lived here all my past life and don't remember what it looked like.