The whole ride there, Eden's leg bounced and as we walked into the restaurant, she nervously twisted her rings around her fingers. I took her hand in mine and led her down the aisle, following the waitress to our reserved table.

I pressed my lips to her temple, "You'll do great, Ede."

Her lips pulled into a small smile and she squeezed my hand in thanks. When we neared the said table, Eden visibly stiffened. At the table sat three people. The guy closest to us had hair as dark as coal that curled around his head. His eyes were bright with laughter, focused on the guy who sat next to him. Keldan, I thought.

That guy, who I assumed was Ethan, Eden's brother, had light brown hair unlike Eden, but a lot like Lydia's. His eyes crinkled as he smiled and talked to Keldan about something. I watched him wrap his hand around the lady that sat next to him. His wife, I assumed.

I moved my hand to the small of Eden's back, circling my thumb in a calming manner. She sucked in a breath, "I can't do it, I can't do it."

I took her chin in my fingers and moved her face towards mine. I pressed my lips to hers in a warm kiss and held her as she melted in my hands. When I pulled back, I fixed her with a reassuring look, "I'll be right here the whole time, okay?"

She blinked before nodding and turning around and fitting her hand in mine. I smiled and followed her to the table. When we were a mere three feet away from the group, their eyes lifted and fixed on me for a second before meeting Eden's. Her hand clamped around mine and I watched as Keldan's mouth split into a wide smile.

"Eden," His voice soft and enraptured by her. I watched him stand up and move towards her for a hug, but her eyes were on Ethan. Ethan didn't get up, but he sat up, his eyes never leaving Eden's for a moment. Just like her, his hand was wound tight around his wife's hand and his breaths were deep.

She made no move towards him and he made no move towards her. They were stuck, staring at each other for what felt like a lifetime to the rest of us.

Ethan's wife brushed her hand reassuringly over his hand and he seemed to finally breathe. Eden's hand twitched in mine and I squeezed her hand in reassurance. She finally moved and pulled a smile onto her face, her eyes focusing on Keldan and faltering a little.

Either Keldan missed it or he didn't care, he moved towards her and wrapped his arm around her. "You look as beautiful as ever, love." My free hand balled into a fist and I took in a calming breath. The anger seemed to ebb when he finally let her go.

Next, Ethan's wife stood up and walked over to Eden, her smile bright and warm. "It's so good to finally meet you. Ethan and Keldan talk about you all the time."

Eden's shoulders sagged in relief at that and accepted the hug she offered. "Thank you," She murmured into the embrace.

When we finally sat down, I moved to release my hand from her, but when she shook her head, I let it be, dropping our entwined hands on her lap. Her breathing evened out eventually and Keldan started to speak.

"How are you?" He asked, his question aimed at Eden. "You've changed so much,"

She finally lifted her eyes from the cutlery on the table and met Keldan's eyes, "I haven't changed that much." Her lips quirked into a small smile.

Ethan's eyes focused on me for a while and Keldan's eyes flickered from me to Eden. Finally, Keldan let out a small laugh, nodding to himself, "Well, you look different– A good different."

Eden smiled softly, "Thank you," With those small words, her eyes were back on the cutlery. Next, Ethan's wife spoke up. I couldn't remember whether her name was Arienne or Renee.