[24]

[24]

- EDEN -

-

ATLAS AND I were ignoring each other.

When we got home, Leah, Julia, and Jude were awake, sipping the drinks we had bought from the store Atlas worked at. Dawson was still asleep.

As soon as Atlas walked in, he made a bee-line to his room, not sparing anyone another glance. I told the group that I had brought them breakfast and they rejoiced, instantly wincing after. I smiled and also made my way to my room, settling on a book to read for the next couple of hours.

I didn't see Atlas for the rest of the day up until the next morning. At around 1 in the afternoon, Leah bounded into my room with Julia in tow. Julia had a small frown on her face and Leah was smiling widely.

"Eden, baby! So, we were in town and saw this beautiful beach-side thing there." She said as she took a seat on my bed. Julia rifled through the clothes laying on my bed.

"Uh-huh," I said to Leah and she smiled.

"So, we went to the store and bought a shit-load of stuff." She exclaimed and I laughed.

"Why would you do that?" I asked, frowning slightly, "It's just a beach."

Leah rolled her eyes, groaning at how slow I was, "We're going on a picnic, dumb dumb."

"Oh," I said, but frowned, "Are the boys coming?"

Leah shook her head, "Nope, it's a girl's day today."

I smiled, nodding, "Okay, let's do it."

Leah clapped excitedly and Julia smiled at us. I slipped out of bed and turned to Leah, "When are we leaving?"

"In 20 minutes, the food and stuff is ready." She said, getting off my bed and bounding out of the room. My jaw dropped and I turned to Julia.

She laughed softly and I frowned, "Are you okay, Jules?"

She stretched on a smile and I found myself frowning even deeper, "I'm fine, Ede."

I nodded, "Okay,"

She nodded and walked out of my room. With a small huff, I decided that I would ask her about it later. Right now, I had to figure out what to wear.

I stepped over to my makeshift closet and looked for an appropriate outfit for a picnic. I flipped through dress after dress and as I was starting to lose hope in finding a suitable one, I stopped. I pulled out the dress that had caught my eyes and held it up in front of me.

It was a long dress that ended at my calves and had a slit that ended mid-thigh. It was white and was strewn with small detailed flowers. The neckline was wide and the sleeves were puffed short-sleeves. The dress was perfect.

After grabbing all my things I'd need, I slipped into the bathroom and stepped into the shower. I quickly scrubbed my body clean and washed my hair. After rinsing myself off and drying off afterward, I slipped my clothes on.

Smiling at myself in the mirror, I quickly towel-dried my hair and combed out the tangles. After I was done getting ready, I cleaned up the bathroom and tidied up my room. Once I was completely ready, I gave myself a once-over in the mirror. Even though I could barely see my outfit, the mirror did its job.