[7]

[7]

- EDEN -

-

I SLIPPED ON the clothes I was going to be wearing to the airport, letting out a sigh of happiness. This was actually happening. I was going to travel with my friends to a bunch of different countries to have the time of our lives.

I couldn't wipe the stupid grin off my face even if I wanted to.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and looked around for my suitcases. I frowned when I didn't see them. I opened my door and peeked my head out.

"Ma?" I called out.

"Yes?" She called back.

"Where are my suitcases?" I asked.

"Your dad took them to the car while you were in the shower." She said.

I frowned, in confusion, "Dad's here?"

"Hey, Ede," He called to me.

I quickly looked back to my room and smiled. I wasn't going to be seeing this room for a long while, I would miss it. I sighed.

Shaking myself from my daze, I hurried downstairs and walked into the living room. I spotted my dad sitting on the couch and I walked over to him, hugging him. He smiled as I pulled back.

"Hey, dad," I responded to his statement from earlier. I placed my bag down on the floor, taking a seat next to him on the couch.

"You excited?" He asked.

I nodded, vigorously, a wide smile on my face. He smiled, softly.

"You better not forget us." He said, giving me a look.

Before I could respond, Lydia piped in from the kitchen.

"She can forget me," She said.

My jaw dropped and I looked at Dad for a little help, but he just shrugged, an amused smile on his face. I turned and glared at Lydia.

"Gladly," I spat.

She snickered from the kitchen.

I looked at the clock that was shining on the screen of the microwave. It read 2:01.

I turned to Dad, "When are we supposed to leave?" 

"As soon as your friends get here which needs to be in the next 10 minutes." He said, glancing at the watch on his wrist.

I picked my phone up and called Leah. She picked up on the first ring.

"We literally just turned into your neighborhood." She said.

"Oh, okay. Do you know where Julia is?" I asked.

"No," She had said, "I called her a few minutes ago and she said she was 10 minutes away."

"Oh, okay. See you in a few." I beamed.

"Okay, bye, bye." And she hung up.

I got a text from Julia a minute later and laughed.

Julia: Stop rushing us! You know my dad is a slow driver!

I smiled, pocketed my phone, and walked over to the kitchen, where my mom talked to Lydia. My mom stopped and smiled as I approached. Lydia turned to look at me.

"We're getting a dog," She said, smiling widely, "A Huskey."

My eyes widened as I turned to Mom. She was already shaking her head. At that, my mood fell. I turned to Lydia, a smile on my face, "Mom would love to get you a dog."