[14]

[14]

- EDEN -

-

Atlas walked ahead of me, leading me down the street in search of a restaurant to eat at. I tried to keep up as much as I could, but my legs weren't as long as Atlas's. I guess eventually he started to notice so he slowed down, falling in step with me.

Atlas towered over me, making me feel like I was an ant in comparison. Even standing at 5-6', I was still short. I tried not to think about how he could stop on me and that would be the end of my story.

As we walked down the street, I noticed that people kept looking at him. Women would stare at him in awe, girls would eye him and giggle to themselves, and men would nod to him. Atlas either didn't notice any of it or didn't care.

I huffed. Whenever he does that, I realize that I get really ticked off. It's like he thinks he's above everyone or something and it drives me crazy. I was so caught up in my thoughts, I accidentally bumped into a man who looked like he was in a rush.

"I'm so sorry," I frowned, reaching out in an apologetic manner.

The man sneered, "Oh, piss off!"

And with that, he was off. I frowned and turned back around to see Atlas smirking at me. I rolled my eyes, looking away from him.

We walked in silence and to avoid that awkwardness of the situation, I buried my head in y phone. I replied to a few texts and replies to my story, trying to ignore Atlas's presence next to me. He stayed silent.

We started to cross a street, but as I looked up to cross it I was roughly pulled back. Not even a split second later, a car whizzed past the same spot I was standing on. Someone cursed at me from inside the car. My eyes widened and my heart raced in my chest.

I looked back and noticed that it was Atlas who had pulled me back. My cheeks flushed tinting a bright shade of red. My back was pressed against his front and his hands were, yet again, firmly holding my hips in place.

"About to die on your first day here, huh?" He whispered causing a shiver to run down my spine and the hairs on my neck stand on edge. I jumped away from him, his hands falling from my hips.

I turned around and looked at him. His blue eyes didn't look cold or calculating right now. They seemed... playful almost. I smiled, rolling my eyes.

I looked around and this time, when we crossed the street, I stayed close to Atlas. He seemed like he knew how to cross a street properly so I followed his lead. I tucked my phone back in my pocket.

When we were on the other side of the road, I looked up. In front of us was a Mediterranean restaurant and I frowned. I wasn't in the mood for Mediterranean right now. Atlas looked at me.

"No?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No,"

He started walking down the street and I followed him. He stopped in front of another store and frowned.

"No," He said, looking at me and I nodded, laughing softly.

"Definitely not," I said. No way in the world will I be going to a restaurant for a salad.

We continued walking down the sidewalk and I perked up when I saw a Whole Foods. I pointed to it, "We could get some Pizza..."

Atlas nodded, "Okay, sure."