[6]

[6]

- EDEN -

-

WE WERE LEAVING for the airport tomorrow evening. To say I was excited was a major understatement. All my suitcases were packed, my outfit for tomorrow was laid out, and my bag to take with me on the plane was ready.

I decided to wear something comfy on the plane since it would be a long flight. That didn't mean it was ugly.

I quickly organized my room and jumped into the shower. I would take a bath and relax, listen to my music, and let loose. I plugged the drain of the bathtub, quickly filling it with water and my strawberry-scented soap.

I slipped out of my clothes and stepped into the tub, letting out a sigh of content. I picked up the container with my face mask in it and applied some on my face. I spread the gooey charcoal mask all over my face and flipped the cap shut, putting it away. I pressed play on my Spotify playlist, relaxing back as 'Positions' by Ariana Grande played in the bathroom.

Ah, self-care baby.

It was good to clear your mind every once in a while. Appreciate the small things and the small feats you do every day. This was my way of doing that. Even though my time here never lasted long, I tried to make the most out of it.

As I was gently splashing around the water in the tub, I let out a yawn. The lack of sleep I've been getting was finally hitting me.

I glanced at the time, my lips parting in surprise. It was only 6:13 in the evening.

I let out a sigh and decided that it was time for me to attempt to get some sleep. I faltered as I remembered my attempt to sleep last night. The cold sweats, the tears, the headaches...

I let out a sigh and quickly drained the tub, taking a short, well-needed shower. I stepped out of the shower, drying myself off and staring at myself in the mirror. I was pretty fit. I always made sure that I was satisfied with how my body looked. I didn't want to give myself another excuse to hate myself.

I hastily slipped on some clothes, sighing as the cool fabric of my pajamas came in contact with my skin. I brushed my hair back, sighing at myself in the mirror.

My body felt like lead and I wasn't sure why. My head felt as if it was close to tumbling off my head and my hands felt raw and hot. I groaned and shut off the lights of my bathroom and walked over to my window, opening it a crack.

I turned to close my lights but stopped as I heard someone whisper my name. I turned around, confused, and looked around. Not seeing anyone around me, I peeked out the window and that's when I saw my neighbor, Hamza.

I smiled at him and waved at him. I quickly turned, closing my lights and walking back to my window.

"Can I...?" He asked, gesturing to my room. I nodded and stepped out of the way. I watched him get onto the sill of his window and take a large step into my bedroom through my window. I smiled as he landed on the floor of my room with a small huff.

I watched him rise to his full height, the golden sun that was setting outside my window letting streaks of light illuminate his skin ethereally. I smiled and walked over to my bed, patting the spot in front of me for him to sit. He gave me the same small smile he's been giving me since we were 9 and sat down.

Hamza has been my neighbor since we moved here. He was a few months older than me and was also a junior. He didn't go to the same school I went to because he was homeschooled. He said he preferred it and he could also take some classes at the community college next door. He really cared about his future.