Out of Breath

A week after his first arrival and 3 days since Cale's trauma caused his eating disorder made a comeback, at last, he's starting to feel terrible enough to act dramatic and would be easily forgiven for it.

{...you looked happy for someone who claim to feel awful...}

Indeed.

Rok Soo is basically cheering in his head when he felt like he's developing a fever.

Weird indeed, but getting sick is the best situation for someone aiming to guilt trip 'weak-hearted' people.

'I'm targetting the children, Choi Han, and Lock'

Rok Soo told Cale.

It would be great if his fever lasted by the time The Henituse Family were scheduled to visit, however, they're not his main targets.

'They wouldn't have enough strength against Eruhaben nor would a duchy household able to withstand Crown Prince direct order.'

To be precise, Rok Soo is aiming for Choi Han and Raon's empathy.

In which, speaking of the said black dragon...

"Human?"

Rok Soo has been intentionally quiet ever since he woke up with his fever.

If he spoke up too early, his dry throat would give away the fact that he's sick and the children would rat him out to the adults- and that wouldn't do.

He needs to get sicker before anyone can notice that he's getting ill.

Rok Soo even goes as far as asking the children to feed him breakfast instead of Ron.

He used gestures, of course.

Well, to his luck, they happily complied, and by then his fever wasn't bad enough to get noticed, and in addition to how Rok Soo controlled his breathing, he seemed fine and only lightly flushed than he would normally.

Not a big deal.

Or well, not yet.

However, counting down the hours, by now it should be around noon.

And the fact that the redhead hasn't uttered a single word while keep looking dazed instead is starting to worry that young dragon.

Raon was especially concerned with the way Rok Soo picked up his breathing pace and how he clenched his jaw with his eyes shut.

"Human, are you okay?"

That blue-eyed young dragon asked again.

This time, Rok Soo snapped his eyes open as if surprised before trying to be discreet as he bit his lip.

He then tilted his head as if saying:

'Ah, yes. I'm sorry. What did you say?'

He pulled out a gentle smile, but Raon is having none of it.

"What's wrong, human? You don't look so good"

Rok Soo opens his mouth as if he wanted to answer just to close it shuts again and shakes his head without saying a word.

"Huh? What? Why?"

Raon felt like there's something really wrong with his human.

"Human, tell me! What's going on?"

In which, Rok Soo stubbornly shakes his head again, though this time, he also scoots away from Raon's touch, which startled the young dragon.

"It'll leave soon. You don't need to pay attention"