twelve

during your public health lecture, your phone buzzes with a few messages, making your eyes widen

natsu
today, 1:40 pm

are you mad at me?

no

are you sad at me ??

no

did i do something wrong ?

idk did you?

(y/n) :/
i'm just trying to help
you've been avoiding me at the gym and looking sad for days
what did i do?

obviously you did something if you feel the need to keep asking
so out with it
what are you hiding

what ???
im not hiding anything!
i just wanna know why you're sad so i can help

ok

you're confusing

a wave of guilt washes over you as you lock the screen, opting not to respond.

the closer you and natsu got, the more your trust issues intensified. and you were trying your best not to let them get the best of you, but you were miserably failing at doing so.

you head to the gym after class, praying today would be the day natsu took a day off, or was helping wendy with her homework or was hanging out with gray or something, so you didn't have to see him before or during your workout.

but sure enough, there he is, grinning as he talks to erza and gray. you hurriedly make your way into the locker room, hoping they don't see you.

instead of warming up in your usual spot, you go to the other end of the gym, beginning your stretches facing the opposite direction of natsu.

he looks away from the conversation in your direction, sighing heavily.

"she's still avoiding you?"

"it's been like two weeks. i don't know what to do. i keep asking her what's wrong and if i did something to upset her, but then she gets all 'i don't know did you do something? tell me what you did' and then she just stops talking."

"well, did you do something?"

natsu gives gray a look, making the taller boy shrug.

"doesn't hurt to ask."

"why not ask her to talk in person? it's a lot easier to avoid conversation over text."

"i don't even know if she'd agree to that. i guess i can try though."

——

(y/n) :)
today, 3:10 pm

hey
ik you're upset w me for whatever reason
but everyone in the house is doing game night tn and you and kurenai are invited
i'll leave you alone while you're here :/

gym crush - n. dragneelOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara