03.9

[act three; chapter nine     -     ugly green guy named jealousy has a friend]

The thing about flying on a pegasus during the daytime is that if you're not careful, you can cause a serious traffic accident on the Long Island Expressway. Percy had to keep Blackjack up in the clouds, which were, fortunately, pretty low in the winter. They darted around, trying to keep the white Camp Half-Blood van in sight. And if it was cold on the ground, it was seriously cold in the air, with icy rain stinging their skin.

Andromeda was sitting behind Percy, her arms wound around his torso and her chin on his shoulder, alternating between watching the clouds and pointing them out in the sky or the car on the road.

While she was having a good time, Percy on the other hand, was struggling.

His old friend, his dear old friend, the ugly green guy named Jealousy had returned full force and was very quickly digging a pit in his stomach. Turns out Jealousy had a friend who was just as ugly and a little more green named 'Oh, she probably doesn't like you'.

Percy really didn't like Jealousy's friend that much.

They lost the van twice, but Percy had a pretty good sense that they would go into Manhattan first, so it wasn't too difficult to pick up their trail again.

Traffic was bad with the holidays and all. It was mid morning before they got into the city. They landed Blackjack near the top of the Chrysler Building and watched the white camp van, thinking it would pull into the bus station, but it just kept driving.

"Where's Argus taking them?" Percy muttered.

Andromeda shrugged and pulled the hood of her hoodie closer to her neck, "Maybe they're getting something to eat? Gas?"