03.1

[act three; chapter one         -       dr. thorn]

 thorn]

Andromeda Storm loved Sally Jackson. Apparently so did Adonis Storm. The siblings sat in the woman's car dancing and singing with the brunette to songs on the radio.

They had packed some things into a bag and gotten into the car when they received an IM from Grover who appeared to need their help. Beu had insisted they go after seeing their hesitance, seeing as the holidays were coming up soon.

Now if you thought having Thalia Grace, Percy Jackson, Andromeda and Adonis Storm, and Annabeth Chase in the same car at once was smart, you've got another thing coming.

It was possibly the worst idea ever.

It was an eight-hour drive from New York to Bar Harbor, Maine. Sleet and snow pounded the highway. Annabeth, Thalia, the twins, and Percy hadn't seen each other in months (and yes, Percy had had the pleasure of meeting Adonis a few months prior when Andromeda returned to camp; the two liked each other enough), but between the blizzard and the thought of what they were about to do, they were too nervous to talk much. Except for Percy's mom. She talks more when she's nervous, but Andromeda was grateful because it got rid of some of the tension. By the time they finally got to Westover Hall, it was getting dark, and she'd told Annabeth, Andromeda, and Thalia every embarrassing baby story there was to tell about Percy while Donnie made sarcastic comments every now and then.

Thalia wiped the fog off the car window and peered outside. "Oh, yeah. This'll be fun."

Westover Hall looked like an evil knight's castle. It was all black stone, with towers and slit windows and a big set of wooden double doors. It stood on a snowy cliff overlooking this big frosty forest on one side and the gray churning ocean on the other.