Five

Niall's POV

I grabbed Sarah by the hair while Beatrice ran down the stairs.

"Please let me go," she begged.

"NO! NOT UNTIL YOU LEARN HOW TO RESPECT PEOPLE!"

Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked up at me. Those perfect eyes... I got lost in them. she was so beautiful, perfect. I just want to kiss her right n- NIALL! Stop! She's your slave, not your girlfriend! My face turned from angry to calm as I threw her to the ground and ran upstairs. I needed to get away from there.

I went to my room and sat on my bed, thinking why she is so bea- STOP NIALL! AH! Why does God have to make me fall in love with her?! my thoughts were interrupted by sirens. I got up and looked out the window. There was an ambulance. Who the hell called them?

Sarah's POV

I heard sirens. And 3 people burst in with stretchers.

"Where's the hurt person?!" they all asked at the same time.

"He's right downstairs!"

They went downstairs and put Timothy on the stretcher, loading him onto an ambulance. Then came a crying Beatrice.

"What if he doesn't wake up?!" She said as she cried into my shoulder.

I hugged her "Shhh.. It's okay Beatrice. He will wake up, I promise."

At the corner of my eye, I saw Master Horan walk down the stairs. I rolled my eyes.

"Why the hell is there an ambulance?"

"Are you kidding me? Are you seriously kidding me?!" I responded glaring at him.

"Don't you talk to me with that attitude!" He walked up to me and slapped me across the face. Ouch, that stings.

"P-please s-stop h-hurting h-her" Beatrice begged. He just rolled his eyes.

"Is it because of Timothy?"

"DUH. You just sent an innocent 18 year old boy to the hospital."

His eyes grew wide and then to normal. "Whatever." he said as he went back upstairs. I shook my head in disbelief.

We walked outside to board the ambulance. I haven't been outside for days; it was so good to see the sunshine again. There were 5 houses in total, just like Beatrice said. In the house beside Master Horans' I saw a man staring at me from the window. I quickly turned around, freaked out.

"Why don't we just run away right now?" I whispered to Beatrice while the ambulance was taking us to the hospital.

She whispered back "Because, they know we're slaves. They won't let us out of their sight."

"Alright, so I'm going to be going to the front with the other person." The guy across from us said.

"So. Tell me. Why is Master Horan always like this?" I asked out loud, relieved that the guy moved up to the front so that he couldn't hear us.

"I'll tell you everything."

I listened closely.

"So, way back. When Master Horan's parents were still alive, my parents were slaves for his parents. Now, we adopted Timothy before we got sold to Master Horans' family. Master Horans' parents were probably the nicest slave owners you could ever get. And Master Horan, Timothy and I were really close as children. My parents died because of a car crash, and I was so sad for so long," She began to let the tears stream down her face.

I hugged her. "Shhh.. you dont have to continue."

"No, it's okay. I'm fine." she said as she wiped some tears.

She continued. "So after that, Master Horans parents helped me get better. I got sick, and they went to the store to get medicine... and that's when they both got shot. And Master Horan believes that it's my fault, that it's my fault because they got shot, because I was sick and they had to get medicine. And that's why. I don't know why he abuses you though... I guess he just gets into the habit of it."

I looked at Timothy. His body looked so lifeless. I hope that he's okay. I still can't believe that a human being could do this to another person. I felt terrible, like I could be sick.

--

End of chapter 5! Please vote, and comment :) It would really help.