Elaina pleads.

This is weird... right? It's not just me.

"She's coming. I just texted her brother and he said it's fine."

Zac announces, warranting my death glare.

"Hold on just a sec-"

"-Great!"

Ryan exclaims before I can protest.

"Oh... I just remembered... I can't go."

Audrey suddenly heaves, not bothering to give a proper excuse.

"Me too..."

Tess follows suit.

They both start to walk away but stop when they realize something, or rather, someone is missing.

"Are you coming, Mike?"

Audrey demands more than asks.

"N..no... I think sushi sounds fun."

Oof... What a twist. Looks like drama among the evil trio. Audrey's eyes are wide open from shock and Tess is frowning at Mike. He just looks away and ignores their silent warnings.

"Fine. Whatever."

Audrey says through her teeth before storming off with Tess on her tail.

"Well... that was dramatic..."

I let out, triggering a chain of laughter I didn't expect, even Mike is laughing. And Zaccai too... he hasn't been laughing much since the trial.

Yup... this is definitely weird.

___

We enter the Japanese restaurant that Ryan led us to. It's not too far from school but its hidden away in an alleyway i would have never suspected to be hiding such a precious gem (I love Japanese food).

"Table for eight please."

Ryan asks the host.

"Do you have a reservation?"

She asks with a plastic smile. I honestly don't blame her. Can you imagine having to talk to spoiled entitled rich jerks everyday?

"My name is Ryan Huxley..."

The host freezes up and her smile fades slightly.

"Oh... sorry Mr Huxley.. I didn't realize it was you! I'll get you a table in the VIP area right away sir."

Huh... She kind of reminds me of the guy from the amusement park.

___

The host guides us to a private, secluded table where there are already menus and appetizers waiting. We sit down and everyone immediately picks up their menu.

"Wow... everything looks so good!"

Ezra hails as he drools over the menu.

"I know! I can't decide."

Weren't we here to get sushi? The choice seems obvious to me. I'll just look through the snacks and order something from there.

"What do you think you're doing?"

Zaccai, who is apparently seated next to me, asks.

"Building a snowman, what does it look like I'm doing Einstein?"

"That's not actual food."

"Hmm... I always thought food was something you could eat or drink... What's your definition, professor?"