"Prepare for what exactly?" Asked Embry from beside her. Alice looked at him for a second then at Lucine, "There's an army of newborns coming." Her voice was monotone, not wanting to show too much emotion on the matter.

"What damn army?" Jacob said loudly, making Lucine jump slightly at the sudden rise in his voice. He looked at her, giving her a silent apology before looking back up at Alice. "Newborns are new vampires," Carlisle answered. "What's so bad about them that's got Lucine like this?" Jacob's voice was serious and his hold on her grew tighter, but not tight enough to hurt her. She stopped biting her nail when she noticed everyone looking at her. She gave them a smile.

"I'm okay. I'm not scared." She said, her practiced smile not wavering as Jasper looked at her, knowing that she was lying right through her teeth again. "Newbloods are stronger and faster. They could kill just about anyone in an instant." Jasper said, not taking his eyes off Lucine.

Her heart started beating quicker at the thought of seeing them rip apart the newborns. Her eyes never moved from Jasper's, as if they were silently communicating something only they could hear. He was doing nothing to help her nerves and fear, wanting her to feel it all as to warn her not to get involved like she has been doing in the past.

He wanted to protect her from herself.

Jacob walked in front of her, blocking Jasper's view. He looked at him as if warning him to cool it. Lucine let out a breath as she tried catching her breath, knowing that everyone could hear her heart beating quickly. "We can beat them," Jacob said from in front of her. "Who's we? How do you know Sam's gonna wanna put the pack at that kind of risk?" Quil said from besides Embry. Lucine stepped out to stand beside Jacob.

"Sam's like my brother. If he knew I was in danger, he would offer some help. As much as I don't want you guys to get involved and get hurt; we need as much help as possible." Embry and Quil looked at her, trying to find a fault in her plan but, yet again, coming up with nothing. She believed everything she was saying.

Bella stood up, finally saying something on that matter.

"If we're going to do this, I want you guys to take Lucine far away." Lucine stared at her sister in disbelief. "No. That's not happening." She said now soberer than before, standing her ground. Bella shook her head and looked at her sister with a sad look in her eyes. "I'm not going to risk you getting hurt again."

Lucine scoffed. "I'm going to be there whether you like it or not Bella." The sisters held hard eye contact, fighting silently before Edward finally interjected. "Maybe taking you away wouldn't be such a bad idea." Lucine looked at him in disbelief. "I'm the one Victoria is after. If she notices that I'm not there, she'll come after me to wherever you guys put me." Everyone was stressed out now.

Suddenly, an idea came to mind. She debated on whether to tell them or not. She looked over at Jacob, silently communicating with him that she was going to tell them about Riley. His eyes widened once he realized but she spoke before he could stop her.

"I'll talk to Riley."

Everyone looked at her as if she just said something stupid. Which, in their defense, was.

"Rosalie shook her head. "Absolutely not. What makes you think you can talk to him, knowing that he wants you dead?" Lucine looked back at Jacob. Edward read her mind and sighed. "She's already talked to him." Rosalie's eyes widened, slight anger now visible in her eyes. "What the hell does he mean Lucine?" Her eyes never moved from Lucine. "Riley came up to Jacob and me one day while we were on our way to the res. He didn't try to attack us or anything, he just wanted to talk."

"What did he say?" Carlisle asked immediately.

Lucine looked around at everyone. They all wanted answers. She sighed and ran her hand through her still messy hair. "All he did was warn us. I didn't want to say anything because I knew that Alice was going to get that vision anyway."

Rosalie finally stepped back into Emmett's hold so he could comfort her. The idea of Lucine being near the enemy terrified her. Anything could've gone wrong at that moment.

Alice stepped up, standing close to Lucine. She didn't move, knowing that Alice wouldn't do anything to hurt her.

"How did you know I was going to have that vision?"

Her eyes widened at the realization and she took a step back, Jacob's arm quickly caught her before she fell over. "I um- I just guessed you would since it's a big event." She stuttered through her lie.

She looked over at Edward, knowing that he could read her mind to see the truth.

Don't say anything. She said in my head so only he could hear. The last thing she needed was to let her secret slip out. Right now was not the best time for it. Hell, she never wanted it to come out but she knew that she would have to eventually.

Alice took her lie and Edward kept his mouth shut about what he heard in her mind.

"We'll start preparing tomorrow then," Carlisle spoke. He looked over towards Jacob, Embry, and Quil. "Please talk to Sam and the rest of the pack. We'll meet back here." They nodded, making their way towards the woods to head back home. Lucine walked with them, wanting to say goodbye.

Embry and Quil left quickly, wanting to talk to Sam as soon as possible. Jacob stood back for a bit to talk to Lucine.

He looked at her before pulling her into an unexpected hug that would have Paul fuming with anger. Lucine chuckled, returning the hug. "I want you to stay safe. Please, don't do anything stupid." He said as they parted just enough to see each other. She smiled up at him to reassure him. "You know that I can't keep that promise." He chuckled and tucked a hair behind her ear. "Paul's one lucky bastard." Lucine chuckled as she basked in the smile he only showed her, knowing that it would be towards someone else soon.

She felt guilty, being in Jacob's arms; being under his loving gaze.

She stepped back, not wanting to make a decision she'd regret.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Jacob." Her voice was as soft as her eyes were as she looked at him. He nodded, heading into the woods.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Lucine." He didn't look back at her, not wanting to show her that longing feeling that haunted his chest every time he saw her.