III.VI

It was finally the day of the party and Alice had Bella and Lucine already at her place. There wasn't much to decorate since it was just going to be a bunch of high school students for a few hours.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Edward asks as he helps Carlisle put away valuable things that they'd rather not have a bunch of teenagers hang around and, most likely, break.

Alice rolled her eyes.

"It's going to be fine. If something were to go wrong, I would've seen it." Lucine sighed knowing how the night was going to go. It would be fine for a while until Alice ultimately got the vision that the newborns were coming. She hadn't told anyone about her encounter with Riley either. She made Jacob promise not to tell anyone.

If anyone were to find out, they'd freak out and lock her away until the battle was over. She didn't want to be locked away, she wanted to be able to help in any way possible.

She was in the kitchen with Rosalie, Bella, and Esme. They talked while the guys put away the valuables but Lucine was too distracted in her own thoughts to realize that Esme called her name.

Bella waved her hand in front of her face, snapping her out of her lost state of mind. She smiled at them for a second before sighing once she realized that she had completely isolated herself again. "Sorry, I've just had a lot on my mind these days." Esme gave her a warm smile. "It's okay, you're about to graduate high school soon. It's normal to be stressed about it." Lucine chuckled lightly, wishing that graduation was the thing stressing her out.

Rosalie linked her arm with hers, pulling her attention. She smiled at Lucine, "I've had my fair share of high school graduations, and trust me, it'll be over before you know it." She sighed and nodded, giving them all a smile. She tried her best to make it genuine.

"I know but I can't help but be a little scared." The party was in three hours and Lucine was itching for it to start. She wanted to hang out with her friends for a bit before some of the wolves show up and Alice gets the vision.

Rosalie held her hand and gave it a small squeeze. "We'll all be there with you, so don't worry too much okay?" She nodded and leaned her head against Rosalie's shoulder. "I know. Thank you." Everything she was saying had a double meaning and everyone was picking up on it. They didn't want to say anything, knowing that she wouldn't tell them anyway.

Those three hours flew by and now the house was packed with teenagers.

Alice took Jasper out hunting a while ago so he wouldn't be too tempted to snack on any of their classmates.

"This place is amazing," Jessica said in an excited voice as she and Angela walked up to Lucine. Bella was off somewhere with Alice so she hadn't seen her for most of the night.

Lucine chuckled as she watched Jessica look around the house, completely amazed by everything. "I know, right?"--"So, where's your boyfriend?" Angela's question made her eyes open wide. She'd never mentioned Paul to them before nor was he her boyfriend yet. She was still waiting for him to ask her but at this point, she might as well ask him. Especially after everything they've done together.

"What boyfriend?" She asked as she looked down awkwardly fidgeting with her fingers. Angela chuckled and put a hand on her shoulder for a second so she'd look up. "Don't play dumb; we all know you at least have someone special. Those giddy little smiles you get whenever he comes to mind during class are pretty easy to decipher." Lucine groans at how obvious she is about her feelings which makes Angela chuckle again.

Too bad most of those thoughts probably weren't even about him.

"Well, for starters, he's not my boyfriend. And second, he doesn't go to our school so I doubt he'd be here." Angela nodded, understanding. "We hope to meet him one day then." She says as Jessica joins them again.

"Meet who?" She asks, looking at Angela for an answer. She smiled at her friend then nodded towards Lucine, "Lucine's not boyfriend." She chuckled making Lucine roll her eyes playfully at her friends. Jessica looked between them and then stopped on Angela. She chuckled and hit her arm slightly. "See, I told you guys she had someone special." This time Angela rolled her eyes.

Lucine and Angela watched as their friend continued to rant on about how obvious Lucine has been. Then, out of nowhere, she asks the one question she never thought she'd hear Jessica say.

"Have you guys had sex yet?"

She stared at her friend in shock, mostly because she was mid-rant when she decided to drop the question.

"I um- we" she stuttered and Jessica put her hand up, signaling her to stop. "That, right there, is my answer." Lucine groaned as hid her face in her hands to hide her pink-tinted cheeks. "And by that reaction, I can also tell that it was good too, huh?" Lucine looked up from her hand and just looked at her friend. Jessica nodded, with a smug look on her face which made Angela laugh at the interaction between her friends.

"I'll take that as a yes."

Lucine looked over at Angela for help. "Make her stop." She said as she linked her arm with hers. "You know that's not possible. Her rant is almost over anyway." Jessica was indeed done with her rant, but done ranting about Lucine and had moved on to talking about her and Mike. It was oddly entertaining.

They sat in the living room talking while a bunch of teenagers walked around them and danced.

As Lucine looked around, her mind felt clear. She felt normal for the first time since she's been in this world. It felt wrong to feel the way she did because wanting something not normal was the reason she was in Forks, to begin with.

She shook her head and focused on Jessica's stories and Angela's laughs; enjoying every second of it before the battle began.